Chapter 25

Austin and I made love that night.
More than once, actually.
I smiled to myself as I stared at him. We were in my bed and it was early morning. Light has just started pouring through my window.
He groaned next to me, waking up. "Good morning," I whispered.
He smiled and opened his eyes. "I was hoping that it wasn't all a dream."
I laughed and rolled on top of him, the sheet pooling around my hips. My top half was bare.
"I could get used to this," he moaned.
Suddenly the door opened.
"Hey, what do you want for- oh shit, sorry."
Calli quickly shut the door.
"I'll be right back."
I grabbed my robe and walked out of my room.
As soon as I got into the living room, Calli began asking questions.
"Who was that? Was that the bartender? What's his name? Bryce? Oh my gosh Anna! What about Austin? You can't do that!"
I grinned.
"What are you smiling at? This isn't funny!"
"It's Austin."
She exhaled loudly. "Oh thank God."
I laughed.
"What about Kane?" She asked.
"I chose Austin."
She nodded. "Does he know?"
"Austin or Kane?"
"Both, I guess."
"Austin, yes. Kane, no."
"Good luck," she laughed. "I'm going out to get breakfast. Want anything?"
"No thanks." She began to walk away. "Hey! What about your date last night?"
"Let's just say you weren't the only one who had a late night snack."
I doubled over with a belly clutching laugh. She giggled as she walked out of the apartment.
I was still on the floor laughing when Austin emerged from my room.
He smiled at me. "You're alone and you're in the floor laughing. Should I be worried?"
I laughed harder, shaking my head.
When I finally was able to breathe again, I stood.
"No, Calli is just so funny."
He shook his head. "I'm going to get a shower."
"Okay," I smiled. "I'm gonna go make coffee and I'll be right there."
He nodded and headed toward my bedroom.
I ran in the kitchen and put a pot of coffee on. I ran back into my bedroom and dropped my robe as I headed into the bathroom.
He was standing under the water, eyes closed. I stared at him for a few minutes, just admiring him.
I slid the glass door open and wrapped my arms around him. His body tended before relaxing again, realizing it was me.
"Who is Bryce?" He asked.
"Huh?"
"Bryce. Your phone rang this morning and his name popped up."
"He's the guy whose date you ruined," I laughed.
"So he's not anyone I should be worried about?"
I turned him to face me and grabbed his face in my hands. "You shouldn't be worried about anyone. But definitely not him. I went on a date with him as a distraction from you. I've been ignoring him since that night."
He nodded. "Okay."
He leaned down and kissed me. It was quick but it still meant so much.
After we finished showering, we ran across the street and rented a movie.
Austin turned to me as the credits rolled on the screen. "We have to address the elephant."
"What elephant? I've been enjoying myself all day with no worries."
"Kane." My worries shot back.
"Okay," I muttered.
"When are we going to tell him?"
"Can we just not?"
"Ever?"
"No, not ever. Just for now. I'm just enjoying you and no worries right now and I don't want to ruin it."
"How will we keep it from him?"
"We won't tell anyone."
"Calli already knows."
"Well Calli won't tell him."
"How do we know? He's her brother."
"No offense but I was like her sister way before she even knew about you two."
"True."
"She's got my back Austin, I promise."
He nodded and laid his head down in my lap. I began to run my fingernails through his hair and before we knew it, we both were asleep.
Sometime later, I woke up and Austin was gone. I began to freak out. I went to my bedroom and he wasn't there. He wasn't in my bathroom and he wasn't in the kitchen.
I started to grab my phone when I saw a note beside it.
You looked so peaceful so I didn't want to wake you. I have an early morning tomorrow so I had to go home. I'll see you soon.
With all my love,
Austin
I smiled and set the note back down.
I plopped into bed and pulled the covers around me. I fell into a peaceful sleep.
•••••••••••••