Epilogue

I smiled over at Austin as Kane walked toward us. He chuckled as a blonde curly haired little girl attached herself to his leg. He reached down quickly and threw her up in the air before catching her. He plopped a big kiss on her forehead and placed her on his hip.
"Hey baby girl," he laughed.
She giggled in his arms and hugged him harder.
He made his way to me and sat down on my right.
"Now, Naomi Carter. What did I tell you about attacking Uncle Kane?" Austin asked.
"That Uncle Kane is a sensitive and might cry like a baby if I hurt him."
Kane bursted into laughter as he stared down at the 4 year old in his lap. "Is that so?"
She nodded quickly. She jumped out of his lap and ran back to the swings. "Daddy! Daddy! Come push me!"
"Duty calls," he laughed, leaning over to kiss me on the cheek. Kane and I watched the two silently.
"How was the honeymoon?" I asked, turning toward him.
He smiled and stretched out, his arm going around me.
"Great. Italy was beautiful. You should make Austin take you."
"Well, we have Naomi. We can't take big trips right now."
"Leave her with Morgan and I. We're gonna need the practice."
I turned toward him slowly. He was already staring at me with a goofy smile on his face.
"What?" I said.
"She's pregnant." He smiled so big. I've never seen him so happy.
"Oh my God! Kane!" I screamed and I jumped into his arms, hugging him as hard as I could.
Austin looked over toward us and smiled.
"Does Austin know?" I asked.
"Not yet. I wanted to tell you first. She was super scared to tell you so she's making me do it."
"Why was she scared to tell me?"
"Do you really have to ask that?" He chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.
"Oh, come on! That was forever ago. Besides, I told her to go after you!" I groaned. "She and I really need to talk."
He laughed. "She knows you're okay with it but this is different. This is a baby."
"Well she's one of my best friends. I love her and I love you. I want you both to be happy."
"I know," he smiled. "Thanks Anna."
I smiled up at him.
"Where's Calli?"
"Inside with her fiancée."
"Fiancée? She got engaged and didn't tell me?"
"Oh, shit." I laughed. "I forgot she hasn't gotten the chance to tell you because you've been gone."
"Whatever. I'll get her later." He placed a hand on my growing stomach that I was attempting to hide from everyone. My eyes grew wide.
"When is this one due?"
"How did you know?"
"You really think my brother didn't call me the second he found out he was having another baby?"
"This one is expected to make an appearance in December."
"Six more months?"
I nodded. "If I tell you something, do you promise not to tell him?"
"Boy or girl?" He smiled.
"Boy."
"Yes!" He screamed.
"Did you tell him?" Austin yelled from the swings.
I smiled guiltily at him and shrugged. "You suck Annabelle Carter!"
"You love me!"
"I'm gonna go catch up with my sis," he hugged me and kissed my cheek. "I love you, Anna. Thank you for bringing happiness into my family."
I smiled at him, tears brimming my eyes. Calli walked out of the house with Shane right next to her. She was laughing at something and he was staring at her with the utmost admiration. Her eyes got wide as Kane walked up to her, no doubt saying something snarky about her engagement. She looked over at me mouth wide and I laughed.
I looked around my back yard and smiled. My perfect husband with my beautiful little girl, my brother in law who is happy as ever, and my sister in law who is about to embark on a new journey with her traveling DJ fiancée. I placed my hand on my stomach and smiled.
"You're gonna experience so much love, little man. I can't wait for you to come into this perfect little life of ours."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The End.