Chapter 29

A/N:
This chapter may be offensive to some. I apologize if it is, but I chose to let my story progress in this direction.
•••••••••••••
"What the hell?"
My head shot up. "Kane?" I asked.
His eyes narrowed on my hands around Adrian's. "Are you cheating on my brother now?"
"What? No! Kane, this is a friend."
"Yeah, man, she was just-"
"Shut it," Kane growled.
"Excuse me? Kane, you can't just talk to him like that!" I exclaimed.
"I'll do whatever the hell I want. Just wait until I see my brother."
"And tell him what Kane? I'm not cheating on him!"
"You're a bigger slut than I thought," he growled, turning on his heel and walking away.
I turned to Adrian. "I'm so sorry for his behavior but I really have to go." I wrote down my number on his palm. "Text me or call me if you ever need anyone to talk to, okay?"
He smiled weakly. "Will do. I'm sorry if I caused any problems."
"You didn't. He just acts that way."
He nodded.
"I'll see you around," I said as I jumped up, running after Kane.
"Kane!" I called.
He continued walking, fast and determined.
"Kane! That was nothing. Why do you always assume that I'm doing something wrong!"
He turned abruptly and glared at me. "Maybe because you did me wrong."
"I didn't do you wrong, Kane. We aren't compatible-"
"We aren't compatible?! Are you serious?"
"We aren't Kane. I'm in love with your brother."
He scoffed and began to walk away.
"You hurt me, too, by the way."
He stopped but didn't turn.
"The things you have said to me, Kane, hurt. Very badly."
His head shifted. "I know," he muttered. I walked to him and placed my hand on his forearm.
"You're in love with someone else, too."
"Who?"
"Morgan."
He didn't say anything.
"You just don't like rejection Kane. I've known you long enough to know that."
He nodded.
"Whatever that is," he began, gesturing to the now empty bench, "needs to end."
"That was nothing Kane."
He pulled his arm away and walked away. I stood there for a second, watching his retreating back.
I took the long way home, thinking of ways to get Kane to admit his feelings for Morgan.
When I pulled into my parking spot, I saw Austin leaning against his car. His head was hung low.
I got out of the car and walked to him. His head stayed in place, staring at his shoes.
"Hey," I chirped.
"Who is he?" He muttered.
I groaned. "I told Kane it was nothing."
"What's nothing? The fact that you were touching another man?"
"Austin-"
"No, Anna. What is going on?"
"Nothing!" I yelled. "My God, why will the two of you not believe me?! I met him today! He was upset and I offered a listening ear. Can I not be a good person?"
He looked at me. "Then why were you holding his hand?"
"Because he's experiencing a difficult time in his life."
"That doesn't mean you hold his hand."
"He's gay!" I blurted.
Austin head jerked back and his eyes widened.
"He's gay, okay? And he was telling me about his dad dying and his girlfriend dumping him and his sexual confusion."
"Oh," Austin whispered.
"Yeah, 'Oh'. You two always assume the worst of me."
"Anna-"
"No, I think you should leave."
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me. If you can't trust me to be faithful to you, then what are we doing?"
"Are you dumping me?"
"No," I groaned. "But I do need time to calm down considering you show up here accusing me of cheating."
"I didn't accuse you of cheating."
"No you just implied it. You implied that I'm being unfaithful."
"I just don't want anyone touching what is mine."
"Even a gay man?"
"No one."
I groaned and ran my hand over my face. "Just go home. Please."
He nodded and leaned in to kiss me. I turned my face and his lips landed on my cheek.
His face fell and his eyes held pain but I couldn't make myself care at the moment. I am so fed up with the Carter's today.
He got in his car and pulled away.
I walked inside and Calli was piled on the couch with Morgan.
"Twilight marathon!" Morgan yelled.
"I'm just going to get sleep."
"Are you okay?" Calli asked, turning to face me.
"Yeah, just a long day."
"Okay," she said but I could see in her eyes she didn't believe me.
I walked to my bedroom and plopped onto my bed. I stared at the ceiling for 30 minutes before deciding to get a shower.
Who does he think he is? I thought.
He may be my boyfriend but he doesn't own me. I'm carrying his baby for goodness sake!
The hot water cascaded over me. I looked down at my feet and there was blood in the tub.
All of the sudden, I fell to my knees as a horrible pain wracked my body.
"Cal!" I yelled. "Calli!"
She ran into the bathroom and saw blood pooling around me. Morgan ran in behind her.
"Oh my gosh," Morgan cried, holding a hand over her mouth.
"Call 911," Calli said.