Chapter 28

I woke to the smell of bacon. I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.
Austin was standing at the stove, back facing me. I walked to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. His back muscles tensed.
"Mm, smells good." I groaned into his back.
"Good morning beautiful," he said turning so that I was now hugging his front.
I had a thin white tank top on with no bra. My nipples began tightening. Austin must've noticed because he groaned lightly.
"You need to go put on more layers if you want breakfast to be made."
I smirked. "No thanks."
He chuckled and picked me up, placing me on the counter next to the stove.
His lips touched mine and a deep need arose from within me. I groaned. He pulled me tighter to his front. The bacon began to burn but neither of us moved from each other.
Then... the fire alarm went off. We both jumped away from each other.
"Shit," Austin cursed.
I opened a window to let the smoke out and Austin began fanning the smoke outside.
I fell on the couch with a thud once the fire alarm finally turned off.
Austin chuckled from in the kitchen. "I guess no breakfast this morning."
"I'll stop on my way to the campus." I giggled.
Austin plopped beside me with a pouty look on his face. "You're going to the campus?"
"Yes, I have to meet one of my old professors. She knew my mom."
His pout deepened. "Oh. Well, I wanted you to come to the office with me today so that I could leave early and we could go look at baby stuff."
I smiled. "We don't even know the sex yet."
He sighed. "I know, I'm just so excited."
His hand started running circles on my stomach.
"I can't wait for your big belly."
I grinned at him. Standing, I held my hand out for his.
"Where are we going?" He asked.
"I have a couple of hours before I have to leave," I smiled sexily.
His eyes lit up and he shot off the couch. We closed my bedroom door and ate our fair share of breakfast.
•••••••••••••••••
I walked down the quad with my head low. After we finished this morning, I threw my guts up while Austin held my hair.
As I was walking, someone rammed into my from the side.
"Shit," I cursed and grabbed my side where something jabbed me.
"Oh my! I'm so sorry," a male voice spoke. My eyes met his as he started checking me for damage.
"I'm fine."
He stopped fussing over my side and then looked at me.
"I'm Adrian," he spoke again, holding out a hand.
"Anna," I said. I shook his hand.
"I'm so sorry for bumping into you like that. I wasn't paying attention."
I took a moment to look at him. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were swollen.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Me? Oh, yeah. I was the one who bumped into you," he laughed.
"No," I interjected, pointing at his face and hair. "You seem out of sorts."
"Oh," his voice became small. "It's nothing. Long night, I guess."
"Need someone to talk to?" I began. "I'm not trying to be nosy or anything, I just like to help when I can."
He smiled at me. "Well, I have to get to class right now. It started 10 minutes ago but how about I meet you back here in an hour?"
"Sounds good."
He smiled and waved as he walked toward his class.
After my meeting, I saw him sitting the bench.
I plopped down and turned to face him.
"So?" I prompted.
"So," he began, looking at his hands. "My dad got really sick a couple of months ago. Cancer. I had a girlfriend, a great job, a nice apartment until one day, I didn't."
He looked up at me and I nodded, encouraging him to continue.
"A lot of my time became occupied with going to see my father and I eventually quit my job so that I could take care of him. Well, my girlfriend said I didn't spend enough time with her and said she didn't care how sick my dad was, she deserved to be taken out. One night, I took her out on a date and I noticed a guy looking at me all night. When she went to the bathroom, the guy came to my table and sat. He asked me why I was with her. I didn't understand. He said that I deserved better. I still didn't understand until he slid his hand on my thigh. He was hitting on me. I was shocked. That never had happened to me before." He took a deep breath. "For weeks after that, I was so confused. I started thinking things I had never thought before. When my girlfriend dumped me, I felt relieved. I saw the guy again one night last week at a bar and he bought me a drink. We laughed the entire night. I haven't laughed like that in I don't know how long. Well, then I got a phone call. My dad died."
He choked up a little at the last part and I grabbed his hand, pulling it into my lap.
"I'm so so sorry Adrian."
He shook his head. "It's okay. I just miss him."
"I know. Tell me about him," I smiled encouragingly.
He grinned and told me all about his childhood with his dad. His mom walked out when he was seven and it was just the two of them.
We sat talking for almost an hour before we were interrupted.
"What the hell?"