Chapter 1

Alice's POV

I glance at the mirror to see myself. I was a little bit surprised. The person in front of me is not the person I used to see everyday. Today, she's quite different.

I was wearing a long white gown that is personally designed by yours truly. Well, I have my own boutique. It was simple but elegant. My hair was in a bun. I'm wearing a long veil that makes my outfit complete.

"Perfect," says my stylist.

I smiled as an answer. He really did his job very well. I was about to praise him when somebody opened the door. There I saw my bestfriend Faye Johnsons smiling widely. "Oh my gosh! is that you?" she asked as she comes closer. I stood from my seat.

"Yes it's me Faye"

"My, my, that's really you. I can't imagine that this day would come, imagine you're just twenty three yet you are already getting married!" she said while her tears are already on her cheeks.

I rolled my eyes just to stop myself from being emotional just like my friend. "Stop that Faye, I might also cry. I don't want my make up to fade," I jokingly said but half of it is true.

"Fine," she said. She gave me a hug. That's when someone entered the room. It's my beloved parents.

"Hey sweety," my mom said before hugging me.

"You look gorgeous my dear daughter," my father said.

"Thanks dad"

"Now we don't have our princess, she'll be married to her love of her life, we're happy for you," says my mother. I could see tears on her eyes.

"Hope you'll live happily," my father said. I just smiled. I know how much this people loves me. I'm not a perfect daughter but God gave me this kind of parents. I hug them. I don't know if how many minutes did I spend hugging them. We just stop hugging each other when someone interrupted us. It was my friend Faye who was standing right beside me.

"I know we're all happy but time is running, they might be waiting for us," she said that makes us laugh.

After a long ride we reached the venue. It was not actually long. That's just how I feel. When the door of the car opened my heart beats faster. I calmed myself before I climbed out of the car.

Yeah, breath in breath out. Do it again Alice! Don't be nervous, smile
I whispered to myself.

I stop myself from wandering when I feel someone tapped my shoulder. It was my father with my mother on his side. "Dear sweety don't be nervous, it's your day! Right Aljun?" exclaimed my mother.

"Your mother's right princess," says my father. When we are standing right infront of the church closed door, my heart starts to beat faster again. I was standing at the middle. My mother is on the left side while my father is on my right. They'll be walking with me down the aisle.

Once the church door opened, We walked down the aisle while the music is playing. I look around the venue. I smiled as I saw different faces to witness my wedding. Tears started to fall as I walk on my favorite flower scattered on my way like a princess.

As soon as I reach the altar Clyde made his way down to receive my hand from my father. "Take good care of my daughter man," my father said.

Clyde smiled as an answer but I could sense that it's just for a show. I gave my father a hug.

The priest commenced the wedding ceremony. All I did was to stare at the man standing right beside me and will soon be my husband. After exchanging our vows the priest pronounced us husband and wife. As soon as the priest gave Clyde the permission to kiss me, he removed my veil.

My heart started to beat faster again as he lean forward to kiss me. I closed my eyes waiting for him to kiss me. "You're lucky lady," I heard him say before brushing his lipsnto mine.

After that kissing scene we face the audience who are already applauding them. We could see happiness on their eyes.

We walked down the aisle until we reach where the car is. Clyde reluctantly helped me get inside the car. We're heading to where the reception is.

When we reach the place, numbers of guest congratulate me. We headed to the table that is really intended for us. "Hey, congratulations! I wish you your happiness," says my friend Faye as she approached us at our place.
"Thanks Faye," I answered.

Clyde, who is sitting right beside me just nodded. I smiled bitterly. I know he's against this wedding. Even if he smile, I could figure out that it was a fake one.

We just focused and enjoyed the party. If that's the right word how to describe this event. We dance as a couple, cut the cake and everything. We were flooded with greetings and gifts but I still can feel the tension between us.

After the wedding party, we headed to our new house. My jaw literally dropped. It's not just a house, it's actually a mansion. My sides door opens. "Welcome to hell my dear wife," he said.
That made my smile to fade. I expected this to happen and I know, I needed to deal with this.
Hell it is. Now I'm gonna see his real side. The serious business tycoon.

I immediately came out from the car. "Are you gonna carry me or-"
I was cut by him. "I'm not going to carry you, you have your own feet," he replied.
Well what should I expect from him. He was just forced to marry me for the seek of his family's name.

I just followed him enter the mansion. We were welcomed by a lady. I could say that she's just seven or nine years older than me. "Welcome to your new house ma'am , sir," she said plastering a smile.

"Thank you and please just call me by my name, Alice," I answered.
The lady was about to talk but Clyde interrupted.

"Emily can you bring her to her room," he said. That doesn't sound like asking for a favor, it's more likely a command. After commanding Emily, he left. I don't know where he's heading and I actually don't mind. What's bothering me is my gown.

"Ma'am-"
"Alice."
"Yeah ,sorry. Alice please follow me, I'll show where your room is."
I smiled and followed her lead.

When we reached my room. Yes, my room. My jaw dropped again. This room is more wider than my room at home. "The room beside this is sir Clyde's room, do you need anything else?"

"Thank you Emily and I don't need anything. I think everything's already here," I answered.

"Okay, if you'll excuse me," she said to which I replied with a sweet smile. She headed for the door. "If you need anything just use the intercom," she added before leaving.

I heaved a deep sigh. This is the beginning, I think. Today is quite a great day for me. From being single, now, I'm finally married to the person I love. From living under my parents protection, now, I'm living under the same roof with my husband.

I went to my closet and was surprised to see different kind of clothes. I pulled a pair of shorts and a lose t-shirt and change my outfit. That's how I call it. After changing into a more comfortable clothes I flopped down on my bed.

---M.F.P---