Chapter 6

Alice's POV

I checked my dress again. I glance at myself for the last time and strode out from the bathroom. My eyes widened when I saw Clyde standing near my window. "What are you doing here?" I asked to get his attention.

"Your parents are here, didn't they inform you?"

"They informed me,"I said.

"Then why are we still here, and what took you so long at the bathroom?"

"I just- uhm, girls issue, I know you knew about it besides you play with girls," I answered just to have a reason.
He just nodded. "Just be there in five minutes," he said and left.

I just watched him disappear. It's the first time he talked to me in a very nice way. Is that the effect of  bringing that woman inside this mansion? If that so, I'll allow him to bring her again. But bro, I would really slap that woman's face if ever she step into this house again. I took a deep breath and headed for the door.

"Alice, they're all at the dining area," says Emily who just appeared infront of me.

"Oh, okay," I said still in shock. Who wouldn't be. She just appeared from nowhere.

I went to the dining area and there I saw Clyde talking to my parents. "Princess, you're already here, what took you so long," says my mother who stood from her seat and gave me a hug.

"Sorry, I just need to make myself presentable," I honestly said.

"Still my daughter," says my father who is wearing a huge smile on his face.

Clyde stood from his seat and pulled a chair for me. I'm sitted beside him. "What a gentleman," I said plastering a sweet smile. He smiled back at me that made me froze.

"For my wife," he said before giving me a kiss on my forehead. Again, I was taken a back by his gesture. I didn't expect him to do that.

"How sweet," says my mother that brought me back to reality. I smiled at her.

"So, let's eat," I said still plastering a smile.

We eat like a real family. Well we are really family except for Clyde who is just being sweet infront of my parents. And, I really wish for him to be nice for me everyday.

"When will you gonna give us grandchildrens?" my mother asked that choked me.

Clyde immediately gave me water to drink. "Are you all right my princess?" my mother asked.

"Yes," I answered after drinking the water that Clyde gave me.

"I was just surprised to hear that from you," I honestly said.

"Why, don't you have any plans to have a baby?"

"Mom-"

"Well, mom,dad we are planning it too but Alice is not yet ready," Clyde said out of nowhere.
When I looked at him he just smiled. I gave him a what-are-you-saying glare.

"Right peach?" he even asked. He's teasing me.

"That's true," I said glancing to my parents.

"Oh honey, I'll be waiting for that time," says my mother.

After our lunch, we all went to the living room. We stayed there and my parents continued to tease Clyde about us having a child. I tried to set another topic but they didn't mind me. "This mansion would be happier if you'll give us our grandchildren," teased my mother.

"I'll try to convince her," answered Clyde that made me glare at him.

"So, how is DG Enterprises?" asked my father. Atlast my father open up another topic.

"It's still going strong. Still on top," he answered. I just rolled my eyes as an answer. Carrying his own chair. "Just like our relationship," he added before pulling me towards him. He kissed my forehead that makes  my body to shiver.

"Uhmm, can I go to OUR room," I said emphasizing the word our.

He released me from his arms. I stood up from my seat and went to my room. I tried to calm my self. I know he's just doing this for a show but it really affects me.

After having a hard time to calm myself, I went to the living room where my parents and my husband is still talking. "What took you so long?" asked my mother.

"She's having her period mom," answered my dear husband.
My mothers eyes widened. Even me, I didn't expect him to tell that. Yes, I told him about girls problem but it was just for me to have an excuse. "Now, now my daughter is telling her husband about her menstruation," says my mother. I just smiled as an answer. Well, I'll just go with the flow.