Chapter 14

Two years later

Alice's POV

The thought of waking up alone in the morning with nothing but a quiet place makes me think about my life two years back. That thought pained my heart. For the past years, I dreamed about him searching where I am. But it was all my illusion.

For the past years, I realize that my life is a cliche. I thought what happened in my life is just for novels but seeing myself right now made me realize that I'm actually wrong. I'm having this  thought when my phone starts ringing.

It's only six in the morning yet someone is up to ruin my moment thinking about my life. Getting up from my bed, I reached for my phone at the bed side table. It was my mother.  "Hey good morning mom, how art thou?" I greeted her.

"We're fine, how about you princess?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm doing great," I answered.
After leaving my husband, I mean my ex-husband two years ago, my parents helped me to live my life. They're the only ones I trusted about my whereabouts. There were times when they informed me that Clyde was looking for me. At first I was happy at the thought that he is looking for me. But happiness doesn't last for long. News articles proves that he is already having an interesting life. And sometimes news are really reliable. There are plenty of girls out there that he can spend his time with. "Hey, baby still there?"

"Yes mom, are you saying anything?"

"Oh baby, I was saying that maybe it's time for you to come back, we want to spend time with you," she said.

My parents always whine about our set up. "Sorry, I promise that I will be the one to visit you guys," I say in a casual way. I admit that I also miss my parents even if they visit me for once in a month.

"We'll be waiting for that day to come"

"Yes mom"

"Oh babe, I gotta go. You're father is already calling for me," she said before cutting the connection.
After having my conversation with my mother, I went to my bathroom to clean myself.
The cold water of the shower makes my body relaxed. I know that this day will bring stress to me. Thinking about my work as a fashion designer makes me dizzy. For me, my job is interesting but stressing. Setting aside the thought of my job, I closed my eyes and let the coldness enveloped me.

After making myself presentable, I walked out from my apartment and take the elevator down to the parking lot. When I reach my car, I  immediately drove of to my work place.

The office car park is not yet full so I don't have to wait for someone to leave.  The botique that I was able to put up is already full of customers. My people are too busy to notice my presence.
I was on the right way to my office when I was greeted by my secretary. "Good morning ma'am, you have an appointment with Ms. Takashi," she informed me.

"Thanks for informing me, what time is it?"

"At ten thirty ma'am," she answered.
I nodded as an asnswer. When I reached my office I threw my purse at the couch.
I put the papers that I was holding a while ago at my desk and dropped myself down at my swivel chair. I heaved a deep breath and tried to calm myself. I don't know but I have this feeling that something bad is coming my way.

When it's time for my meeting with ms. Takashi, I gathered my note and the things needed. I fixed myself and headed to the meeting room. When I reached the meeting room, I settled down at an empty chair.
After waiting for almost five minutes, ms. Takashi showed up giving me a sweet smile. "Sorry for making you wait ms. Aldeguer," she said.

"No problem ms. Takashi, it's part of my job," I sincerely said.

And the meeting proceeded. Ms. Takashi wants me to design her wedding gown. She also wants me to design her dresses during special occasions. "I'll be honored to be your personal designer ms. Takashi," I said that made her smile from ear to ear.