Chapter 22

Alice's POV

Being alone in room my reminds me about everything. I don't know but there's something in my life that is missing. I snap out of my thought when someone barged in my room. "Heysup, how is life going on?" he asks as he straddled down at an empty seat near the window.

"Fine, what brought you here anyway?"

"Nothing, just wanted to see you," he answered. I watched as he looked out the window. Jordan has been part of my life ever since my divorce. He is the only person I can trust.

"Did your ex-husband talked to you?"

"Yeah, yesterday."

He turned towards my direction. "Oh, what did he tell you?"

"Nothing, why?"
He give me his sweet smile. "Well, he came to me last night and warned me to get out your life."

I raised an eyebrow.  "Why didn't he warn you when you were here with him?"

He just shrugged his shoulder.
Jordan talked to me about things I couldn't relate before asking me out for something important. We were on the driveway when another car came to view. It was Clyde's car.

We waited for him to step out of his car. "Where are you guys going?" he asks as he approach us.

"A date,"answers Jordan before I could say something.

"Ow, I was about to ask her for a date," he answered.

The two guys glared at each other as if I'm invisible. "Hey, stop that," I said but they were busy playing staring game.

"S-T-O-P that!" I said out loud that made them look at my direction. Both of them heaved a sigh.

"Clyde go and focus to your business, that's what you do, come back later when we are done," I said before dragging Jordan to his car.

"What was that?" asked Jordan when we're inside the car.

"Warning I guess," I answered as we burst into laughter. He started the engine and we drive off the street.

Clyde's POV

I was left standing infront of their house. I watched as the car drove off the street. I thought I'm early but that Jordan boy is an early bird. I stepped inside and drive off the street that led to my company. The thing that I love to do from what Alice said.

As I walk pass my employees, they all greeted me. I'm used to it. When I reached my office, my secretary stopped me. "Any problem?" I asked.
"Si-sir, someone is in your office," she answered as she looked down as if the floor is the most interesting thing in the world.

"Who might that be?"

"L-liza sir," she answered. Without saying anything, I walked pass her and harshly opened the door. I saw Liza sitting at my swivel chair.

"Who gave you the permission to come in?" I asked.

I saw her flinch. That's good for her. "Well, I just told all the people in here that you called-"

"Get out!" I say as I point the door. She just glared at me.

"Well, I guess Clyde De Guzman is really doing his best to get his ex back. What if she's already happy without you in her life?"

I clenched my fist. Yeah, what if she's already happy? Am I the one who is trying to get everything back? "Cat caught your tongue? I'm telling you, she's already happy with that J-Jordan I guess?" she said. I know my anger is visible now as I see her reaction.

"If- you -cannot say anything better than that- get out!"

"Okay, but I'll do anything to be with you again," she said before walking towards the open door.

I close my eyes to cool myself down. Remembering the words of Liza, I feel a strange feeling. A thought of Alice being with someone else pained me. I know I don't deserve her forgiveness but I'll do anything just to have her again. I'll do anything she wants me to do for her to stay with me.

Calvin's POV

I look up at my office ceiling. I'm done with my work and now I am free.
"Sir, someone wants to talk to you."

That brought me back to my senses. I straightened on my seat and face my secretary. "Who?" I simply asked.

"It's a friend of yours, Faye?" she replied to which I nodded.

"Just bring her in," I said.

My secretary turned her back on me. After a second, Faye came in with smile on her face. "What?" I asked as she makes herself comfortable on the empty chair just accross me.

"How are you?" she asked.

"Fine as wine."

"How about your heart?" she asked again.

"What do you mean?"

Faye smiled. "Come on. It's been years, a two or three? Still you can't admit the fact that your heart belongs to someone special. Now that she finally showed up, will you just sit here in your office and let her ex have him back despite all those hardships she's been through?" she asked.

I heaved a deep sigh. I know what she means but I don't know what to say. "How can I compete with the one she love? And besides -"

"Shh, that depends on her Calvin," she said interupting me.

"I don't know," I simply said before heaving another sigh. I honestly don't know. I love Alice but I don't want to ruin my relationship with her and Clyde.  Maybe, talking to Clyde can help. Or maybe, giving them time to fix everything is the best.