Chapter 5

Alice's POV

I slowly opened my eyes. A ray of sun  passes through my window. It was then that I realized that my window is open.
Who the hell opened my window. I tried to get up but I feel my head aching. Then something hit me. I was drunk yesterday but who drove me home?

I forced myself to get up and looked for an Advil. I know I had stock of it in my medicine kit. Just for emergency just like today. After taking it, my door suddenly swung open. And the last person that I think can enter my room was already here standing infront of me. He shut the door close.

"W-what do you need?" I asked. Well sorry if I'm stuttering. I was just glad to see him here. And a part of me is quite afraid because of how his face looks like. It's getting darker.

"Why are you with Calvin last night?" he said instead of answering my question. Kind of rude.

But wait, speaking of Calvin. I covered my mouth using my palm. "Oh my gosh," I said. I'm still staring at Clyde.

"That's for real!" I even said that makes him more confused. His face becomes darker like he is about to do something.

"What do you mean? What is for real?"

"Nothing. I just thought everything that I saw and happened last night was purely because of my imagination.  By the way, was he the one who brought me home?"

"Yes, and do you know that  you came home drunk? Is that the way a descent girl comes home?" he asked. I can sense  anger in his tone. Why would he be angry?

"It's only my first time to come home late. There's no issue on that," I said while looking at him intently.

"But my point is, you came home late with someone else. You should put in mind that you are already married," he says. His anger is already evident.

What's wrong with him? Why would he be angry, and what the hell is wrong with him? "Excuse me?" I said raising an eyebrow. "So you're telling me that I should not be enjoying and I should always stay here? Besides, am I the only one who comes home late with someone else?"

He just stood there without a word. He took him time to say something. "We're in different situation, I'm a fucking man!"

"Is that so? That's your principle? I'm sorry but I'm not into it, now if you cannot say anything better get out," I said pointing at the open door.

I waited for him to say something. When I didn't hear anything from him, I turned my back on him. "Next time you come home late again, I'll make sure that I'll never open the gate for you and even Emily will not do it for you or else I'll fire her," I heard him say before going out from my room.

I heaved a deep sigh and threw myself on my bed. How could he control my life? What's on him that I always find myself following every word he says.

Clyde's POV

After having a talk with Alice, I immediately went to my room and had my shower. I left the mansion as soon as I finished fixing myself.

I was welcomed by tons of papers as I get into my office. My new secretary, Ana, informed about my meeting with my cousin Luke. "Sir Mr. Zaragoza will be here in just five minutes," she says using her flirty tone.

Well, I'm use to it. My past secretaries are also like her. I even have good times with them. After getting what I want, I gave them money and fire them. See how heartless I am.

"Thanks Ana, you can now go to your desk," I said without looking at her.

I heard my door shut. That's the only time I gave a glance at the door.

After five minutes I heard my door open. There I saw my secretary again, "Sir, Mr. Zaragoza is already here"

Luke show up behind Ana. My secretary let him in. I waited for her to exit but didn't. "You can now go to your desk," I said making her smile before walking away.

"Why did you set an appointment with me my dear cousin?" I asked as I lean at my swivel chair.

"Well, Zaragoza Inc. needs DG Enterprise's help"

"What help?"

"I'm looking for someone to help me- uhm, look for -"

I cut him off. I know he's lying. Why would he need my help. As far as I know the company is running well. "Just tell me what you need," I frankly said.

"Chill dude. I just want to ask you if you'll agree on my plan of having a deal with Mr. Cobalt," he said.

"Why not?" I said.

"Really?"

"Luke, why do you need to ask for everything you'll do?"

"Just to be sure," he said while grinning. Well that proves what I was thinking a while ago. He's not here for business matter.

Alice's POV

I stayed at my room for the rest of the day thinking about those things that Clyde had said to me earlier. "Alice, it's time to eat dinner, you should atleast eat something," Emily says who just entered my room.

She has a point. I didn't eat breakfast nor lunch. My stomach is empty. "Just bring it here," I said without glancing at her. I went near the window as I heard the door shut.

My eyes widened when I saw Clyde's car at the garage. He's already here. I find my self heading downstairs. Well, it took me time to get there because the house or should I say the mansion is too big for the three of us. I was taken a back when I saw him with a girl again.

"Babe who is she?" the girl asked when she saw me.

Clyde looked at my direction and I saw him smirked. His signature smirk. "Well, she's one of my-"

He stopped for a while. I don't know if he's thinking of the right word to describe. "My maid," he finally said. Oh that hurts. He just introduced me to his new girl as a maid.  I raised an eyebrow as an answer. 

"Really? My, babe she's beautiful to be your maid," says the girl.

I smiled to what she said. Well she's not bad after all. "But I'm more than beautiful compared to her," she added.

I looked at her from head to toe. Well she's beautiful but it's all because of her thick make up. Unlike me, it's all natural.

"Babe, where's your room. I'm already tired," the girl said.

"Let's go then," he said without even looking at me.
I just watch them disappear. I don'y know, but I guess, I'm getting used to it.

"So tell me, are you just going to stand there and imagine what they're doing?" a voice from my back said.

I faced her. It was Emily. "What should I expect?" I said and headed to the dining area.
Yeah right, what should I expect from him? Nothing right? Nothing yet I'm still here living with him at the same roof.

"Eat before the food will cool down," says Emily who is standing beside me.

"Uhm, sorry just thinking about something.

"I know what you're thinking but please eat. It's for your health," she said.

Right, eating is for my health. But Clyde is for my happiness. Am I going to wait for the time that he'll love me or just accept the fact that he'll never feel the same way for me?

"Don't think too much about him," says Emily.

"I can't stop myself from thinking," I replied.

I just heard Emily heaved a deep sigh. "Tell me, am I wrong to choose my happiness? Is agreeing to this marriage is really my fault?" I sincerely asked.

Emily walked towards me and tapped my shoulder. "It's not your fault. Even if you didn't agree to this marriage, you'll still be together because this is what both of your parents wants. Come on, he is just looking for someone to blame and you're an easy target for him since you're living under the same roof," she said making me smile bitterly.

"How could you tell me all of this. He is your boss and the one paying you for you loyal service."

"You're right. But, still, he is wrong. He shouldn't be this hard on you. This decision is not purely decided by one person."

I nodded. How I wish that Clyde will see things the same way as how Emily see it.

---MFP---