Chapter 24

Alice's POV

"Hey wake up you have a visitor," says my mother. Slowly, I opened my eyes. By my mothers reaction, I could guess who my visitor would be.

"Tell him I'm still sleeping," I answered as I pulled a pillow and use it to cover my face.

"Come on, it's been  a week and you are still ignoring him. Your father is already afraid that one day that boy will stop," says my mother as she pulled the pillow on my face.

Yeah, it's been a week since Clyde started to have his move. And it's been three weeks since I talked to him. At first he didn't show up and I thought that he already surrendered. He didn't show up for more than one week. But I was wrong, after that he showed up doing weird things. He will give me flowers, chocolates and other stuffs. He always had time to visit me in the morning or at night.

But me, as Clyde's ex -wife I never entertained him. "And now you're zoning out, thinking about him?"

"Fine mom, just stop. I'll just clean myself up and I will follow you downstairs," I said before running to the bathroom.
"I know that you will never say no to him," I hear my mother said before I heard a door closing.

If only my mother know what I'm thinking. I just did my morning rituals and once I'm done, I immediately went downstairs to entertain my visitor.

"What took you so long?" asks my mother who is sitting beside Clyde.

"Girl thing," I answered.

"Now that you're finally here, I guess it's time for us to go," says my father who stood from his seat.
A small smile flashed on my lips. "Why of course, you may," I answered. I give my parents a kiss before they left.

My attention was on the door where my parents walked out when I hear Clyde cleared his throat.  I face him and raised my eyebrow. "What?"

"Now that we're alone can we talk?"

"We're talking"

I sat at an empty sofa just across Clyde. "I know you're mad at me, I cannot take that away from you," he said as he took a deep breath. "I'm going to Italy, and I think-"

I stared at him waiting for him to continue. "I think-"

"Alice," says Jordan from the door that interrupted Clyde from talking.

"Jordan, I'm not expecting you today," I said before he kissed me on my forehead.

"Hey man, you're here"
Clyde smiled at him that is, I think very unusual for someone like Clyde De Guzman. "Hey," he said.

"Sorry for interrupting you two," Jordan said.
"No you're not, I was about to go when you came," he answered. I gave him a curious look. The Clyde I know is someone who is arrogant and can do things that can scare people away. But now I see someone else. It's way too far from my ex-husband.

"Oh, that's a good timing. I am planning to ask her out for today."

"Oh yeah, that's a good timing I guess," I hear him answered. I don't know but I feel something unusual.

I watched him glance at his wrist watch. He stood from his seat and said, "I gotta go, I still need to do something," he said before he walked outside the house.

He is already out of sight but I'm still on my seat not knowing what to do. "Hey, aren't you happy that he is out?" says Jordan that brought me back to my senses.
I didn't say anything. What happened for that change of attitude.

Clyde's POV

I watch as they walked out from the house. I'm sitting at my car just a few meters away from the house. I intended to wait for them. I know I look like a spy right now.

I saw how Alice smile and laugh with Jordan. I then realize that she's already happy with someone else. Maybe Jordan made her realise that she really doesn't feel anything for me.

I turned the engine on and drive off the street. I know I had a low chance winning her back but I can do anything, for me to have her again.