Chapter 28

Alice's POV

I feel so weak every minute. The only person I communicate is none other than Jake. Liza is busy doing something, according to him. I'll not be surprised if that something is getting Clyde. Besides that's their intention of kidnapping me.

I jolted on my seat when I hear the door opening. The door reveals Jake who is holding a tray full of food. "Eat, if you don't want to lose weight," he said while walking towards the bedside table. 

I watched as he put down the tray and pulling an empty chair just near me. "I don't want to eat something that is from you," I said trying to be sarcastic as I could be.

"Don't be hard to yourself, no one will help you," he said giving me that signature smirk of him.

"Why are you doing thi-"
I was not able to continue what I was saying as we hear gunshots from the outside. Jake jolted on his place. I watched as he pull his cellphone on his pocket.

"What is happening?"

"What?!" he said. My heart beats faster as the tought of Clyde crosses my mind. What if he's here. What if he's the reason why we hear gunshots?

"Well, well your heroes are here, I guess Liza was not able to do her work," he said before pulling me out from the bed.

Without any word, he drag me out from the house. We can still hear the sounds of guns. I almost bump into Jake's back when he suddenly stoped. "You need to stay here," he said before pushing me hard inside a room. I tried to get on my knees but he closed the door. "Jake! Get me out of here!" I shouted trying to get his attention.

"Stay there until I finish what I needed to finish!" he shouted back.

I hear footsteps going away from me. It's obvious that Jake will really leave me alone inside this dark room. I move my feet and search for the switch. When I found it, I turned it on.
I was amazed by the room. It's not what I'm expecting after all. It was not an abandoned room. I can sleep whenever I want. There's a massive closet at the left side of the room. There's another door at the right side of the room. It must be the door that leads to the bathroom.
I walk towards the bed and throw myself on it. Remembering the reason why I am here, I jolted on my position.
A lot of what if is running around my head. I bit my lower lip as I hear another gunshot.

Clyde's POV

Using my left foot, I kicked the guy who is pointing a gun on my head. When he's down another man came towards me. I use my gun and shoot him on his leg. I think this two are the last. The other people inside this house is busy with Luke and Calvin at the other side of the house. They're with me. After knowing the place where the kidnapper brought my wife, I immediately ask help from them.

Through Calvin's help, we discovered that Jake was the one who have Alice.

My feet brought me upstairs. I opened the first room that I saw but to my dismay it's empty. I looked around the room and saw a picture that is very familiar to me. Anger filled my being.
Liza and Jake know each other after all. That explains the reason why Liza was  to good to me this past days.

I snap out of my thought after I hear a sound from the other room. Slowly but surely, I find my way out from the room and followed where the sound is coming from. I listened again but there's no noise.

I continued my way through the hallway and when I've seen nothing, I successfully went back downstairs. I am on my way towards the back door when I feel a sharp pain on my face. I stumbled backwards and almost lost my balance. It was then that I realize that someone is pointing a gun on me.

I smirked after I realise who it was. "Are you here for Alice?" he asked teasingly.

"Isn't it obvious? Why would I risk my life just to see you, asshole!"

"Why don't you stop and face the fact that you are not really meant for each other. It's fate who is already doing things."

Without any word, I punched him straight on his face causing him to lost his balance and fall. "You talk too much!" I said as I kick him on his stomach.

But I'm not yet done. I pulled him up and punched him again but this time he fight back. We were punching and kicking each other. We exchange strong forces. "Give up Clyde, Alice is mine!" he said before giving a punch.

"You shut up and tell me where to find Alice!" I answered.