Chapter 3

Alice's POV

It's been a week since that incident happen. I thought it will never happen again but I was wrong. Just like today.

I was in the kitchen cooking for breakfast when I heard the door bell rung. Emily is not here. She asked permission from me yesterday to visit her parents. So definitely I'll be the one to open the door. Luke is in his room, I guess he didn't hear the bell.

I closed the stove, washed my hands and headed for the door. As I opened the door, I saw a girl. She's wearing a very revealing dress with matching thick make up on her face. "What do you need?" I asked.

"I'm here to see my beloved Clyde, and who are you by the way? Are you his maid?"

"Well ,uhm, I-I'm Clyde's-"

"Liza, you made it!" Clyde exclaimed from behind. I know it was him, we're the only humans here. He just came upstairs. Maybe he's really expecting her. Clyde came home late last night, maybe she's the reason why.

I flickered my attention towards his direction. I saw him smirked at me. I watched every move he does even the scene that squeezed my heart. He was already kissing the girl passionately infront of me. I shook my head. When will he kiss me like that. After having Ella just few days ago, now she has this Liza.

I cleared my throat to stop them from what they're doing. Now their attention is on me. "What?" says Liza while raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm, I think this place is not the right place for the both of you, why don't you go upstairs or should I say on his room," I sarcastically said while pointing on him. She shifted her attention to Clyde.

"Oh dear, you're right," Liza said before glancing at me. "Can we go to your room?" she added as she look up to Clyde who is now staring at me. I cannot read what's on his blue eyes.

"Oh, Liza can you come back some other time, I just need to talk to someone," he said while still looking at me. I shifted my attention to Liza. I could see anger on her eyes. That's exactly what I feel right now and I think you deserve to feel it too.

"Okay fine but I enjoyed what happened to us last night," she said in a flirtatious tone. Girls style I guess. And before Clyde could say anything, Liza initiated a kiss that Clyde or other boys cannot resist. I rolled my eyes and leave them there.

I went to my room and shut the door behind. I flopped into my bed. I let my tears flow down my cheeks. I smiled bitterly, I wish Emily is here.
I wiped my tears away as I hear a knock coming from my door. I stood up and opened the door. My eyes widened as I saw the one who just knocked at my door. "W-what do you need?"

I don't know why I'm stuttering infront of him. "Next time if I'm with someone never ever tell me that-"

I cut him off immediately, "Next time that you'll be asking someone to come over here will you please inform me."

His jaw dropped. He didn't expect me to say those things. "I think you don't have the right to ask me a favor," he said in his usual serious tone.

"Of course I have. I'm your wife Clyde, I have the right to be respected and to know who your visitors are."

"Huh, really? You're just my wife on papers," he said in a sarcastic way. "Our relationship on that damn paper is not important as you think it is. You don't need to be respected in this house," he added. His eyes is already shining with anger.

 A long silence comes between us. I never dared to talk. "I just want to remind you that you can never earn respect from me. You're just my wife that I can manipulate. You agreed with all of this then bear with everything that comes your way," he said.

After that, he left. Of course I'm the one who wants this marriage but never in my life that I imagined being controlled by someone. I shut the door behind me and threw myself on my bed.   

Flashback

We are at the dining room. My parents has just arrive from a three day business meeting from Europe. "Princess, what are you going to tell us?" asked my father.

I cleared my throat. I don't actually know how to tell this to my father but I need to ask about it. "Dad, is it true that you already arrage something for me?"

My father's eyes widened. "Uhm, I- I think. How did you learn about it?," he reluctantly answered.

"Uhm, I-I know that you know the fact that I admire Clyde De Guzman but I didn't expect that you'll arrange our marriage."

"I supposed, this is a serious conversation, let's not talk about it this time. Let's have our dinner first," my mother said.

 After dinner we all gathered at the living room. "Tell me about this marriage dad," I said. "Why did you arrange it?" I asked.

My father heaved a deep sigh. "Clyde's father and I decided to fix your marriage since we've known each other for a long time. And I know that you like him. I just want to secure your future with someone you really love," says my father.

"I admit that I like him but this is not actually the way that I'm thinking to take him," I said.

"That means, you don't like our way?" asks my father.

"I don't know but..."

"But what? Tell me, do you want this marriage or not?" says my father that interrupted me.

I looked at my mother who is staring at me intently. It's as if, she wants me to agree with the marriage.
Once I've turned to my father, I realized that this marriage could be a way for me to be close to Clyde. This marriage is in favor for me and I could finally be with the one I love.

Without even thinking twice, I uttered the word that will soon be the reason for me to be in a situation that I never imagined.

"Yes dad, I'm into this marriage," I replied making my parents smile.

End of flashback 

That's how this marriage exist. And Clyde's right, I was the one who agreed first to the arrange marriage.  It's just that I really love him, I really do that's why I immediately agreed to it just to make him mine.

I smiled bitterly. Yes, his already my husband but I cannot even touch him. Those girls whom he slept with are lucky unlike me. Now I cannot blame him. If only I can bring back the time where my father asks me whether I'm into this marriage or not and if only I can teach my heart to love someone else.

I was having that thought when my door swung open. "Anything you need?" I asked without even glancing that person.

"You can cry, feel free to cry," says the one who just entered my room. That's the only time that I glance at her. Yes, her because it's a girl.

"E-emily, I thought you're -"

"As you can see I'm back, and now I know the reason," she said as she comes closer and sit just beside me.

I just give her a smile. Instead of smiling back she frowned. "You can fool others by that smile but not me. You can't hide what you really feel," she said that causes my tears to fall again.

She just stayed by my side the whole time. She comforted me and even give me an advice.

Clyde's POV

How was it? After talking to my damn wife I headed for my room. I'm on my way to my destination when I saw  Emily. She suddenly smiled when she saw me. She's been working for our family for four years. "Sir is ma'am Alice here?" she asked.

"Of course yes," I answered without even smiling. "Wait, I thought you're going to visit your mother," I added.

"Well I'm here sir, as you can see," she said while wearing that beautiful smile. I just nodded and continued walking towards my way to my room.

I took a shower and spent some time at the bathroom remembering what had happen a while ago. I think she's jealous. I smiled by that thought. At least now, I could say that I am in control of this marriage.

I blame my parents for this marriage but I cannot put all the blame to them. The only person that I can blame is none other than my so-called wife. If she didn't agree to all of this in the first place, we wouldn't be in this situation. I could even spend some time with her.