Chapter 20

Alice's POV

It has been a month since the day Liza talked to me and I never heard anything about her. As for Clyde, at last he showed up. I'm a bit worried because my parents were already asking me about him. They were too attached to him that they don't even think about what I feel. Sometimes their action made me wonder if they really want me back.

This past months was a typical month for me. Nothing happened and no exciting thing. I wonder why. But this day certainly gives answer to my question.

I am busy checking my e-mail when someone grabs my phone from my hand. I lifted my head to see who was the rude guy who did it. And, I screamed that I almost had the attention of all the customers in that restaurant. Yes, I'm currently in a restaurant.
"Hey, your going to destroy my eardrum!" he said that causes me to stop what I was doing.

"Jordan! how come you're here?" I asked. And yes, it was Jordan who causes me to sream. And it was the only time I realized that I am now hugging him. Who wouldn't, after how many months of not seeing him, his actually here.
"Can't breath and I work here. And it's nice to see you be back here," he said.
I gave him a grin before sitting down on my seat.

"How is life going on in here, did you already reconcile with your ex?"
I choke on the food I was chewing. I shot him a glare and crossed my arms. "Excuse me, we are just being civil with each other and besides my parents are too attach to him that's why he is free to go at our place. Yes maybe I asked him out once but-"

"You asked your ex-husband out?" he interjected. I saw him grinning at me. He crosssed his arms and leaned back on his seat. Then it hit me. I bit my lip for no reason causing him to laugh as if there's no tomorrow.
I look around only to be met by a blue eyes. I sat there frozen not knowing what to do. He was staring back at me.

He was wearing his casual clothes that indicates his well toned body. His hair was styled messy as if he is not a known businesman. I was the one who cut the staring game. When I shifted my gaze on the person across him, I swallowed.
He was with Liza. Then it hit. All this years they still has contact with each other. I saw her smirked. I just raised an eyebrow giving her I-don't-care look.

"Now you're playing staring game with your ex and his mistress?" Jordan asked that made me turn at his direction. I almost forgot about his presence.

"Sorry, where were we?"
"Sitting at the same place but not at the same time because time is running too fast for you to notice, any more question?"

"Tssk," is the only thing that came out from my mouth.

"You know the game, take and give?" he asked out of the blue. I gave him a puzzled look.

"The game starts now!" he said while looking behind me and when I turnedy back towards the direction he was looking at and  I came face to face with Clyde.
No one said a word. I heard someone cleared a throat. I turned to see who it was and it was Jordan who is now standing from his seat. "Hey man, can we do something for you?" he asked.

I averted my gaze to Clyde and back to Jordan. "Yes, I want to get rid of the girl I'm with and decided to join you, can I?" Clyde asked.

"Of course, me and my girlfriend wouldn't mind at all," he said that made me glare at him. I gave him what-the-heck-are-you-doing look and he just smirked. And realization hit my head. This was the game he's been talking a while ago.

I turned to face Clyde and I saw his blue eyes darkened. It only means that he is angry. But why?
"Okay," he said before pulling a chair for himself.
He sit just beside me. Jordan on the other hand is trying to control his laughter.