Chapter 21

Alice's POV

It has been a week since the incident in that restaurant happened. Clyde tried to talk to me but I never give him time to do so. As for Jordan, he's been also trying his best to contact me, I'm also trying to avoid him. While Jake, I never had any news about him. I never saw his shadow. And that bothers me more. That's the reason why I'm avoiding Clyde and Jordan.

I don't know but everytime I'm with Clyde, Jake always shows up. My encounter with him at the restaurant while I'm with Clyde is the fifth time. The last time was quite bad.
Both of them threw punches but not enough to hurt themselves. The only thing is that, I was able to stop them.

"Penny of your thoughts," says Calvin who just appeared infront of me.
"Nothing, what are you doing in my room?" I asked. Yes, I'm currently in my room looking out at the large window.

"Who give you the permission to enter my room?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm, the door is open I guess," he answered as if it's the best answer he could use to defend himself.

"Ah yes, the door is certainly open but-"
"No buts babe," he said before throwing himself on my bed. I just let him do what he wanted. I'm still sitting at the edge of my bed while Calvin is laying on his back.

"What brings you here anyway? And please I want a very valid answer," I said giving him a glare.

"Just want to see you, someone send me to look after you, he just wants to make sure that you're in your good mood."

And that answers all. He is here because someone sent him here. And maybe it was Clyde again this time. And I hate it when Calvin always comes to me just because of Clyde's order.

Why? Do you want him to come because of you? asks the half of my brain.

Well, I want to face Calvin because he is here for me alone and not because someone asked him to. "Where is he?" I asked not minding if what will be this man be thinking about me.

"At last you've decided to talk with that badass!" he said before heaving a deep sigh.

"Anything else that you want to say?" I ask.

"Nothing," he said before putting his hands above his head.

I stared at him. Calvin's a friend of mine. He's been there for me during my ups and down. I'm wondering to whether he has a girlfriend or none.

"How about that Jordan boy?" he suddenly asked. I gave him a puzzled look. Who wouldn't. None of them know about Jordan except, of course my ex husband.

"What about him?"

"I think you need to go downstairs to answer your question, besides I'm not part of your love problem," he said before turning his back on me. Now I'm facing his back.

I wonder how I had this kind of friends. Sometimes too sweet, then turns out to be stupid and rude. I pulled one of my pillows and threw it to him. "Not enough," he said without even glancing at me.

I gave up and stand from where I was sitting and headed for the door. "Hey, my room is not for visitors, you can use the guest room if you want," I sarcastically said.

"Don't care!" is the last thing I've heard before I finally closed the door. I walk downstairs and I was greeted by the last two people I wanted to talk to.

"What took you so long?"

"How can you stand that jerks presence?"
They shot me this questions at the same time. I raised my eyebrow before sitting at the empty couch just enough for me to be away from them. "Well I'm too lazy to walk from there to here and I actually enjoyed his presence," I answered sarcastically before crossing my arms.