Chapter 23

Alice's POV

It's already nine in the evening when we came back from a party that we had attended. Jordan volunteered to drop me before going home. "Goodnight Aly, see you tomorrow," he said before he pulled me for a hug.

He immediately broke it when we heard someone cleared a throat from behind. "Good evening Clyde," says Jordan.

"Hey man, it's already late"

"Yeah, we didn't notice the time, we were enjoying," Jordan answered.

"Obviously," says Clyde before he turned on his heel and walked inside the house.
"I guess someone is eager to talk to you," says Jordan that made me look at him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

Jordan step backwards and give me a smile. "Goodnight and don't forget to call me when that man will not let you sleep tonight," he said.
I walked towards him and hugged him. He was not prepared for it that made him stand still on his spot. After a minute,I finally pulled myself away from him. "What was that for?" he asked.
"Someone wants a show," I answered and wiggled my brows.

"Ah, I like that," he said before kissing me on my forehead. I watch as he walk towards his car. I smiled at the thought that Clyde is just watching us from inside. When Jordans car is out of sight, I headed inside the house.

"I thought you'll stay out there all night," says Clyde as I reach the living room where he was comfortably sitting.

"It's none of your business and oh- what are you doing here it's already late"

"Just want to talk you," he answered.

"Talk this late? I'm not an owl Clyde"

"I know, but I just want to be with you, that's it."

I walked towards him. He stood from his seat and now we are standing face to face. "To be with you?"

He nodded as an answer. I let out a sarcastic laugh. He just give me that curious look. "Really, to be with me?" I said pointing to myself. I waited for him to say something but I hear nothing.

"Clyde we both know that you were given a chance to have me but you just let it go and now that I'm trying to go on with my life and move on you are here telling me that you want me to be with you?" I said as anger and hatred reigned my emotion. I wouldn't let this pass. This was the things I wanted to tell him after he showed again infront of me.

"Alice"

"I had enough Clyde, I did everthing just to be with you but you just ignored it. You hurt me by just doing that and bringing those girls who was just after your fame, money, and pleasure." I said.  "I'm done with all those things. I guess it's your turn Clyde, it's yours," I added before I run upstairs. My tears started to fall down my cheeks as I reach my room.

I locked the door and threw myself at the bed. I'm now lying on my stomach. I let tears fall down continuously. I know that's all I need. I cried and cried until I didn't see anything and only darkness.

The next morning I woke up with someone knocking on my door. I lazily rises up from my bed and opened the door. I was a little bit surprised when I saw Calvin standing in front of me while smiling.
"Good morning!" he greeted me.

"Good morning. It's too early for you to be here. Did Clyde asked you again to come?" I asked as walk back to my bed and sits on the edge.

Calvin walks towards me as he shakes his head. He put his hands on his pocket. "Nah, no. Clyde doesn't know that I'm here."

A part of me feels happy. Atleast, he came to visit not because someone asks him to do so. And I don't know the reason why I feel that way.

"Then why are you here?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Just wanted to visit you," he replied making me nod.

I stared at him for a few minutes. Something is wrong with him and that's what I don't know. And, seeing him that way makes my heart ache. All this years, I've been thinking about how to avoid Clyde that I almost forgot the person that has been there for me when I was struggling.

I heaved a deep sigh and divert my attention to my room door. "You know what, wait for me outside and we'll go out for today," I said making him raise an eyebrow. I can see confusion in his eyes but I just smiled.

"Come on."

"Where will you take me?" he asked.

"I don't know. Maybe, uhm... Let's eat some street foods," I laughingly said. Come on, who would eat street foods too early.

"Okay, okay. Just be waiting for you outside," he said before turning his back to me. He just glanced at me for the last time before closing the door.

I spend my whole day with Calvin. I can't deny the fact that it's one of the best days in my life. I forgot everything and was able to know him more.
Calvin is a real gentleman and he really knows how to treat a woman.