Chapter 2

Alice's POV

I rolled over in bed and opened my eyes. I remember the event yesterday. I smiled, stretched my arms and sat up. A part of me is happy because of the fact that I'm now the wife of Clyde at the same time pressured. My mind is wandering when suddenly I was interrupted.

I heard a knock coming from my door. "Come in," I said. The door slid open.
"Alice, sir Clyde told me to remind you to eat your breakfast. He already left-"

"What? this early?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am I mean Alice."

I nodded. There's one thing I notice about this lady. She always smile and I love it. "How old are you by the way?"

"I'm already thirty five," she answered. My eyes widened. She doesn't look like she's in her thirty years. She looks young. After having a little talk to her she left. I went to the bathroom and do my morning rituals.

I choose to wear a simple clothes. After a minute, I found myself in the kitchen. I saw Emily washing something. She turned to my direction when she feel my presence. "You're here, are you going to eat?" she asked.

"Nope, just please give me a coffee. I'm still not on the mood to eat."

While making my coffee, I tried to open a conversation. "How long have you been working for him?"

"Four years," she simply answered.

"Ow, I see."

She give me my coffee. "So what are you planning to do today?"

"I'm planning to write my own novel," I answered after sipping from my coffee. I am actually planning to paint but because I don't have my own place to do it I'd rather write a novel.

"So writing is your hobby?"

"Nope, it's going to be my first time, painting is my hobby," I answered.

"Oh, great. Does he know about your talent?"
 Oh, that question? I just shrugged my shoulder as an answer.

For the rest of the day, I tried to make myself busy. I started my novel and I helped Emily to do household chores. I didn't even notice the time. If not because of Emily who reminded me about the time, I would still be writing something.

It's already past eight but I didn't see a shadow of Clyde. I patiently waited for him while watching a movie.

I slowly opened my eyes when someone tapped my shoulder. "Alice, go to your room," she said. She's standing infront of me.

"I'll wait for Clyde, you should be resting right now," I answered.

"Alice, it's already twelve. Clyde would not be here"

"Twelve? My gosh, I've slept. Where could he be sleeping?"

"Maybe at his office or at his friends house. Alice, you should go to your room," she replied. I took a deep breath. Maybe I should follow her. "Okay, Emy"

When she's out of sight, I went to my room. I throw myself on the bed. I'm too sleepy. If this is how married people lives then I'm glad I'm one of them. That was what's running on my mind before falling into deep slumber.

I opened my eyes when I feel someone staring at me. And I was right. Emily is staring at me. I sat up and greeted her. "Good morning, how long have you been watching me sleep?" I asked.

"Good morning. Not long," she replied making me nod.

"What's with that smile?"

"I just can't imagine that someone will risk her life to marry him," she said.

I raised an eyebrow, "what do you mean by that?"

"Honestly, I thought he'll never take someone seriously, ever since I work with their family, he never introduce any special girl," she answered.

"That makes you not to believe that he could take me seriously?"

"Honestly yes," she answered shyly.
I stood from my seat and straddled on my desk chair. "Can I trust you?" I asked her in my very serious tone.

She looked at me in a puzzled way. When she noticed that I'm really serious she look for a place to keep herself comfortable. She sat at the edge of my bed. "Of course you can trust me."

"Okay," I said.

"You're right, he's not the kind of man that can take a girl or should I say, a woman seriously. Honestly the reason why he married me is to keep his name safe from any rumor. He was just forced to marry me," I said.