Chapter 25

Clyde's POV

"Hey dude, you've been courting her and you've been asking her out for what? Three months? Seriously?" asks Luke who is leaning at the door frame.

"That's love. Look at him, he's smiling without any reason," says Faye who is sitting at the sofa.
I glared at her. "What's wrong when I'm smiling?" I asks.

"Your insane man, what makes you have that smile. I hate it," answers Faye which was agreed by Luke.

"Stop ruining my day you morons!" I said that made them stop from laughing. Well, technically, I scared them. I don't know how I look like right now but I somewhat like the way they frooze.

"Okay fine, we just want to know the reason behind that smile," says Faye.

"As you have said, I'm still courting her and we're going out again."

"Okay, how about that Jordan boy?"
I glared at Luke. He really does know how to ruin my day. He doesn't know how to shut his mouth up. What kind of cousin does I have.

"Just leave him," I answered getting a laugh from the two of them. Without any second thought, I throw the pen I'm playing towards Faye's direction. Well, Faye did see that coming and immediately shifted on her position. For Luke, I throw the nearest thing I can have which was the staple. Good for them.

"Aw, that was nice, that's the reason why Alice is not saying yes, good for you!" says Faye.

"You're right, let's get out of here and talk to Alice not to give this moron a child, I mean a chance," replied Luke before running towards the door followed by Faye. I hear them laugh outside my office. They really know how to get on my nerves.

Thinking about what Luke had said, I feel my fists clenching. Is it because of Jordan that made it impossible for me to enter her life again?

It's been months and I still don't see any sign that she will be mine again. Everytime we go out, she always made sure to mention the name of Jordan. She's trying to slap me all the things that Jordan has done for her the time I'm separated from her. I hated it but I cannot say anything. It was a torture but I need to bear with it. I need to stay nonchalant infront of her.

"Excuse me sir, I'm just going to inform you that my work is done," says my secretary who is standing infront of me.

I glance at my wrist watch to see that it's already time for her to go home. I nodded and let her go. As for me, I fixed all my things and headed towards the elavator. I press the botton that leads to the parking area. When I'm in my car, I immediately drive off the empty street to my house. I still need to prepare.

It was already seven when I reach the house of the Aldeguer's. I was welcomed by Alice's mother. "Ow, she's out after, maybe thirty minutes," says mrs. Aldeguer.

We talk about business while we are killing time. We just stopped when we hear a clicking of a heel. I turned where the sound came from and saw her descending the stairs. She's beautiful in her black dress. It was simple but elegant. It shows all her perfect curves. I was too struck by her that I didn't notice him approaching. "Are you enjoying the view?" she asks that made me smirk.

I leaned forward. "I will surely enjoy if that dress will be ripped out from that body," I answered before pulling myself back. I saw her blush from what I said and a small smile crept  on my lips.

"Mom, we're going," she said trying to change the topic.
Her mother just smiled at us. We give her a hug before heading to our destination.

We reach the place after a thirty minutes drive. We were entertained by the waitress and was brought to our reserved table. "So what are we going to talk about?" she suddenly asks after the waitress left with our orders.

"About us Alice"

"What about us?"

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. "Why?"

"I- I just want to know if I still have a place on your heart"

"Are you giving up?"

"No, of course no, well, two months from now-"

I intended to cut what I'm saying. I really don't know how to say it. It is not about giving up, it's about choice. I saw her smile with someone not me and I love her that I don't want to take that smile away from her. It's not being coward but it is about sacrifice, right?

"What?"

"I'm planning to go to Italy"

"When?" she asks casually.

"Next month."

"Okay and-"

"I'm planning to stay there to give you more time to think. Well, I'll be coming back to visit you."