Chapter 18

Clyde's POV

I was sitting at my office thinking about everything that Alice had told me. I coudn't deny the fact that all she had told me was all right. I was the one to ruin everything. And now I am the one struggling on how to fix everything.
Seeing Alice again after two years is like a torture for me this pass few weeks. Everytime I'm with her and the fact that I'm free to stay at her place makes my situation even worst. Knowing that she doesn't have time to hear me out, makes my heart break into pieces. I was in that thought when the intercoom buzzed.

"Sir, you have a call from ms. Aldeguer," she informed me.
"Please transfer it for me," I said.
After sometime, I heard Alice's voice from the other line.

"How may I help you?" I asked. I can't help but smile because of the fact that she is calling me.

"Uhhm yeah, uh- uhm-"
His starting to worry. By the way she talks and stutter means something is happening. "Yes?"
"Uhm, nothing. Uh, I just want to ask you if you're free tomorrow," she said.

I heaved a deep sigh after knowing what she wants to say. "Of course, I'm always free-" I was not able to finish my sentence as realization hit me. Alice is aking me if I'm free tomorrow and it's for real.
"Hey, still there?" she asked from the other line.
"Uhm, uh- yeah," I said. Now it's me who is stuttering.

"So you're free for tomorrow?"
"Yes"
"Can you accompany me for tomorrow?" she asked that made my heart jump.

"Of -of course I'll be there? What's the event all about?" I asked.
I heard her chuckle from the other line. That was the first time I heard her chukle. And don't judge me if I say that it's my lost not to hear her before.

"We are just going to go eat outside," she said.
I smiled from ear to ear. "Oh, is that your way of asking me to a date? Why didn't you tell me about it while I'm still there?"  I asked.

"Oh, please mr. De Guzman, it's just a friendly dinner," she said.
"Okay, whatever you say, so I'll fetch you at seven?"

"Fine with me but can you also come at my place this evening? I just want to tell you something," she said that made me the happiest man alive.

"I'll be there wether you like it or you like it," I said while smiling.

Alice's POV

I heaved a deep sigh after talking with Clyde. I know that asking for his help could bring me into danger but this is the only way I can prove that I am in good terms with him.
I receive a call again a while ago from Jake. I don't know why is he still calling me.
I tried to ask help from Luke and Calvin but they recommended Clyde to me. I can sense that they had really plannned it well. Luke and Calvin are partners in crime after all.

I look at my watch and saw that it's already time to go. I fixed my things and went out from my office. I can't deny the fact that I'm already tired. Aside from being busy answering the mails and calls, I also entertained my customers.
"Karen, are you not going home?" I asked Karen who is still busy fixing something.
"Later, I just need to finish what I have to finish," she answered.

"Okay, but make sure that you'll go home after that," I said before finally going out.
I was trying to look for my car key in my bag when I remembered that I didn't bring my car with me. I stomped my feet. I was waiting for a cab when someone grab my hand. "Hey, waiting for me?" he asked. My eyes widened to see the last person I wanted to see.
"Sorry but I'm waiting for someone," I said even if it's obviously a lie.

"Really? And that is suppose to be?"
"None of your business Jake!" I said at the top of my lungs. Well, I may be his friend before but after everything he had done, I doubt if there is still a chance for us to be in good terms.

"It's my business, after all-"
He was not able to finish what he was suppose to say when someone interrupted him. "Alice!"

I turned my back to see who it was. I heaved a deep sigh to know it was Clyde who is just coming out from his car. He walked towards us. "Hey, are you waiting for a cab?" he asked.
"No-uhm, I'm actually waiting for you," I said.

He smiled at me. "Oh, sorry for letting you wait for me," he said.

"Oh, the ex-husband of yours is here," he said while giving him a grin.
"And who are you?" asked Clyde.

Both of them didn't say a word. I could sense something by the way they look at each other. I think standing between this two men could be the death of me.
I cleared my throat to catch their attention. And I did. Both of them averted attention on me. "It's getting late here mr. De Guzman and if we will just stand here, then we can never finish the thing that you want me to do," I said.

He gave me a curious look. I just eyed him. Thanks goodness that he immediately understood what I wanted him to do. "Oh, yes. Mind if we will excuse ourselves," he said.
I saw how Jake glared at him. Maybe, Clyde's presence is not that bad.

He help me get in his car before sliding at the drivers seat. "So, are we gonna continue what I wanted to do?" he asked as he started the engine.
I gave him a death glare. "Pardon?"

"Well, you said that you want us to continue what I wanted you to do," he said mockingly.

"Oh that, well I wanted too but I'm not in the mood anymore," I said. He glanced at my direction. I can see amusement in his eyes. I just gave him a smirk.
"Tssk..."
I tried to shift into my position just to have the full view of him. He is still the same person that could have the attention of all the girls around him.
I busied myself studying him. His attention was focused on the road.

"We are here," he announced. I gasps. I didn't notice that we are already here. He turned off the engine and averted his attention at me.  "Staring is rude babe, but if you will be the one to stare at me then it's fine," he said giving me a smirk.

"You wish!"
"I can feel your gaze on our way babe," he said that made me glare at him. I can feel my cheeks blushing. All this time, he know that I'm staring at him. Nevertheless, he didn't bother to look at me.

"Your blushing babe"
"Ugh, shut up!"
He just smirk at me. He's really enjoying this scene I guess.  I unbuckled my seatbelt and went out the car. I heard him laugh out loud.

I walked towards the house door. My parents are not yet home. "Hey, you forget about your manners," he said from behind. I didn't know that he was following me.
"Oh, sorry mr. but I really forget about my manners when I come face to face with people that can cause my death," I said without even thinking.

"Is that how you see me?" he asked.
I was taken a back by his question.

"Thank you for the ride Clyde, I really appreciate your cooperation," I said. "And don't forget our dinner for tomorrow," I added that made his eyes spark. I don't know why and I don't want to know why.

"Okay babe"
I let him stay and I tried to communicate with him in a civil way. I don't think that avoiding him is a good way to entertain him. Besides, I already asked for his help. And maybe, just maybe this is the best way to make it up to him.
I'm beeing used to his presence.