Chapter 9

Clyde's POV

After the incident I went out and spend my whole night at a club. I don't know but I feel guilty for what I just did.
But what could I do? She reminds me about my biggest mistake in my past. Seeing her reminds me of my best buddy who betrayed me.

I was in the state of thinking about  how that woman made me feel guilty when someone hug me from my back. I am currently at the bathroom in one of the hotels owned by my cousin Luke. "Babe, why did you leave me in that bed,hhmm?" she says in a seductive way.

"I don't fucking care if you're alone in that bed,  I just slept with you last night  for fun, now if you don't want me to call for a guard to get you out of my sight better get out on your own," I growled at her. Her because I don't know her name. And I don't have time and interest to know her name after all.

After saying her those words, I hear her steps going away from me. Well, that's how I deal with those girls whom I sleep with. And I don't care on what other people think of me. This is my life not others.

 When I'm done cleaning myself, I called one of my trusted men to bring me my clothes.
Before going to my office I planned on dropping by my mansion. I still need to get some paper there.

I was greeted by Emily who is busy doing something. It is still eleven and at this time, Alice is not yet out. "Emily, where is Alice?"

She gave me a puzzled look. "What?"

"Ah- nothing sir, A-alice was fetched by Calvin a while ago. I think Alice has a meeting with someone," she says not looking at me in the eye. That means there's is something happening that I don't know.
And that fact made me feel something I can't tell. I just nodded as an answer.

Alice's POV

Time pass by too fast. Again, I didn't notice the time. It's time to go and yet I'm still here at my office trying to finish what I need to finish. I don't know but when it comes to my work, I'm not being aware of anything that is happening around me. I have my own world that sometimes even my family doesn't understand.

"Hey, I thought I'll not be able to catch up with you," says Calvin who just barged in my office.

"Rude," I say in a sarcastic way.

"Oh sorry for that friend"

Calvin is someone that could be every girls ideal man. If only Clyde is out of picture, I'm sure I'll be in love with this man. But of course, I'm married with my one and only love that who doesn't love me back.

Ugh, shut up! You don't love him. You are just trying to push yourself. You're obsess! Stupid!
whispers a part of my inner self.   

Our ride is too quiet. No one dared to talk. I know Calvin has something in mind that he cannot tell. When he  parked his car, I faced him. "Now talk," I said. And what he did shocked me. In front of Clyde's mansion he kissed me. Not just on my cheek or forehead but on my lips. People in the earth, for god's sake, he kissed me! On my lips.

His action made my heart jump. I feel something different. A feeling that I don't know whether I felt it before.

I tried to push him away but his too strong enough. "Just stay, you don't need to kiss me back," he says while still kissing me. I don't know how to react. Well I'm startled.

After that incident, no one talked. It feels awkward. "Sorry for that but I think I need to do that to make someone realize something," he said that breaks the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm your friend Alice and any friend that could see you in that situation will do anything that can help you."

I'm actually puzzled but I just nodded. But I still want to ask if that kiss has something for him. No one would kiss a woman without any intentions. And right now, I'm quite nervous on what his possible answer is.  I know that this is one way of cheating on my husband but I still have the right to know it.

Come on, your husband is doing something more than kissing a girl and you have been  one of the witness. Says my conscience.

"That kiss doesn't mean anything my dear friend. I have someone special so don't be bothered about it."

I was a little bit hurt because of his words but what could I do. Maybe he just wants to have fun like Clyde.

I heaved a deep sigh. Without any permission, I gave him a hug. At first he was taken a back but then he hugs me back.

After saying goodbye, I came out from his car and waited for him to start the engine before entering the mansion. I went straight to my room.

I was taking off my heels when someone barged in my room. And I don't need to face that person to know who it was. "Did you enjoy my bestfriends lips?" he asked.

And that hit me. Oh no! he saw us.
My gosh I'm dead. What to do!

Coward! Show him that his not the only one who has the right to kiss someone. Atleast you didn't sleep with Calvin.

I just rolled my eyes as an answer to my conscience. I took a deep breath before facing Clyde but I was taken a back. That was the biggest mistake I've done. His face is just an inch away from me. "Now tell me does he kiss you like this?"

And in an instant I feel his lips connected into mine. This was the third time he kissed me. When I didn't kiss him back, his grip on my waist tightened. When he bit the bottom of my lip my lips parted. He took advantages of it and let his tongue touch mine.

 When I didn't kiss him back, he pulled away and said, "Kiss another man again and I'll make sure to make your life more miserable!"
Right there and then I burst out. "Who are you to controll my life! You are just my husband and you are not the only one who has the right to flirt with those whores!"

I saw his eyes darkened. I could see anger from it. "So you did that as a revenge seeing me with those sexy ladies?" he says with a grin.

"This isn't about having revenge because I know that you'll not be affected by it. I'm just you're wife who destroyed your life," I said meeting his gaze.

 "Fine, so be it do anything you want and never try to disturb my business," he said before leaving me.

Again my tears started to fall. What kind of life did I choose. Of all people why do I need to love someone like him who doesn't have a heart.
After wiping  my tears away, I threw myself at my bed and tried to recall everything that could prove that I had sinned to much.

That is what I have in mind for almost an hour when I heard my phone ringing. "Uncle Ryan, how may I help you?"

"Oh dear, drop that uncle thing, call me daddy or father, I am your husbands father," he said that embarassed me.

"Sorry dad"

"Good, well I'll get to the point, I can't contact my son so I called you, can you tell him to visit me tomorrow," he said.

"Of course dad, is that it?"

"Yes my daughter-in-law, tell him that I'll be expecting his presence tomorrow, bye"

"Yes dad, bye"

When uncl- dad I mean, ends the call I went out from my room and look for Clyde. I went to the kitchen and asked Emily where he is when I didn't saw him in his room. "Oh, he is in his office talking to his cousin Luke," she answered.

I immediately headed to his office. The door is slightly open. I was about to push it when I heard my name being mentioned by Luke. Right then, I decided to continue to eavesdrop to their conversation. And the next few things I heard causes my heart to break into pieces.

 When I didn't hear anything more about myself, I try to gain enough courage to face them. I barged in without knocking the door. "How long have you been there?" asked Luke, shocked is evident on his face.

"Oh, did I interrupt something? I just came a while ago," I answered. Yeah, great pretender.

"What do you need?" asked Clyde.

"I received a phone call from your father. He was not able to contact you so he decided to call me and he wants your presence tomorrow at his place," she informed him.

"Is that it?"

"Uhm, yes that's it and if you will excuse me," I said.
 When no one says a word, I did have my exit.

Again I locked myself at my room thinking about those things I've heard. Is that what he wanted? After having a deep thought, I came up with a plan. If that is what he wanted then he'll probably get it.