Chapter 27

Alice's POV

I woke up in a strange room the next day. It was a simple room. I pulled myself from the bed and walked towards the door only to find it locked from the outside. Whoever had me intentionally locked the door, maybe afraid that I will escape. I walk back to the bed and lay again on my side. Moments later, I hear someone opened the door. I hear footsteps coming towards me. I don't know who it was because my back is facing the door.

"Wake up my love," says someone that made me turn and face him. My eyes widened as I saw the man standing infront of me.

"What do you need?"

"Isn't it obvious my love?"

I glared at him. I was not expecting this to happen. Or worst, I'm not expecting him to be my kidnapper. "Jake, enough with all of this, do you need money? I can give it to you."

"Sorry but I don't need your money, what I need is you alone."

"You can never have me, ever!"
He then walked towards me. I pulled myself to my sitting position. I'm already trembling just seeing his dark eyes.

"Tell me, is it because of him, your ex- husband? Or Jordan? Or, hmm ... Do you have feelings for Calvin? Nice. After divorcing your husband, lots of men is coming for you."

Silence filled the room. He stared at me like I'm his prey. With trembling lips I told him to stop whatever he is planning that made him angrier. "None of them will have you, you're only mine!" he said.

"No, I'm not!" I answered with same intensity.

He was about to talk when someone talked behind him. "Well, well my brothers princess is awake."

My reaction earlier came back. It was as if I'm dreaming. I pinched myself just to prove that I'm not dreaming. The pain that I feel when I did that confirmed everything. All of this is real. Jake and Liza were involved with all of this. But what Liza said a while ago keeps playing on my head.

"Wh-what do you mean?"

Liza give me her fake sweet smile. "Aw, I'm going to tell you," she said before sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Jake and I are siblings. Though not biologically because I was just adopted."

My jaw literally dropped. Jake never mentioned having a sister. As if reading what I was thinking she said, "Well, he doesn't want to talk about me, right brother?"

Jake just rolled his eyes as an answer. I really don't know how this siblings go together. "Lets jump with the story and let's get to the point."

She paused for a while before she continued. "You know that my brother has something for you but you chose Clyde over him. Yes he didn't do anything with your relationship, if there is, personally but he asked me to take the action. What happened between me and Clyde is not accidental, it was all planned by my brother besides I have a feeling for him too."

No word is enough to describe what I feel now. I feel different emotions at the same time.  "And when you had your divorce, we were both happy, we thought we are free but then you came back and everything changed."

"How dare you to blame me! If Clyde really loves you, then he'll choose you!" I said trying to reach her and slap or kick her but Jake pulled me away from her. I'm not surprised at all besides she's his sister.

"Then why am I here?"

"Why is she here brother?" she asks Jake, wearing that smirk that I wanted to erase from her ugly face. If not because of her thick mask she'll not be as attractive as she think she is.
Instead of answering her question he turned his back to us and walked outside the room. We were left alone in the room.

Liza walked towards me and slap me on my right cheek. I feel a pang of pain when her palm comes in contact with my skin. "That's what I want to do to you a while ago."

Without any permission, I slapped her back. She was taken a back by my sudden behavior. When she composed herself again, she tried to raise her hand attempting to slap me but I immediately catch her hand. "You will stay here until Clyde realizes that I'm the right girl for her. If not, I will never allow him and you to be happy!"

"Really? Once that they'll find out about this you and your brother will rot in jail!"

"If that will happen. But if he will see your ugly face he'll probably choose me over you," she said wearing that smirk of hers.

I was a little bit puzzled by her words. In just a second, I saw her holding a small knife. I dont know where she got that thing but one thing is for sure. She's going to do something I don't want. "I asked permission from my brother and he didn't say anything to stop me," she said before pushing me on the bed. The next scene is that she's already above me. I tried to push her away but she pinned me. I tried kicking her but she's really standing her guard. We were fighting and rolling at the bed. Lucky for her, she find something that she used to tie my hands. My strength is not enough compared to hers. Then, I feel a sharp pain at my left cheek.

When she's done, she untied me and pulled herself away from me and walked outside laughing like an evil. I touched my cheek. Then it hit me, when I saw blood from my fingers that comes in contact with my cheek. She just sliced my skin. Seeing my own blood made me dizzy. Slowly, I feel my eyes closing until darkness reigned over me.