Chapter 16

Alice's POV

I was in the kitchen making pancakes when someone rang the doorbell. My parents are out of the country. After my father was released from the hospital a week ago, I asked my mother to take away my father from everything that can stress him out. At first my father argued with me but I told him that I'll look after the company.
I was brought back into reality when the doorbell rang again.

I'm not expecting any visitor today. I already informed my fathers business partners that he'll be out for more than a week.

I opened the door and was glad to see the last person I wanted to see. He was wearing a jeans and a plain blue t-shirt. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked. I never expected him to visit me after the incident at the hospital.

Flashback

I went at the hospitals car park to avoid my ex-husbands presence. But what I did was the biggest mistake I've done that day.

"Hey kitten, are you avoiding me?" he asked from my back.

I turned my back to come face to face with him. "Are you following me?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He just give me that smirk that I want to erase from his face.

Seeing him again after two years brought back all the memories of the past. Everything, including those moments I saw him making out with that slut. Hell yeah, a slut and sorry for the word.
"No I'm not but if that's what you think then so be it," he answered.

I rolled my eyes as an answer. "Why are you here anyway?"

"To see  you," he answered without looking away. He is gazing at me intently.

"And that is to?"

"Make sure that the woman I'm looking for two years has already appeared, and to make sure that I have an eye on her," he answered.

That made me shiver. Never in those past years that I expected him to say those words on me. I shouldn't be affected by his words. " If you want to make sure that I'm out of this world, sorry to disappoint you," I answered.
I could see pain in his eyes after I said that. What does that mean?

"But I'm serious about what I told you babe, I'm here to-"
"To what Clyde? Don't fool me! Why would you want to know that I'm back? Do you want to make sure that I'm still enduring the pain you cause me? Clyde, everything between us is over!" I  whisper yelled at him.

"No, I'm here to claim what is rightfully mine," he answered.

I clenched my fist. "And that is?" I challege him to talk.

Silence reigned the atmosphere and his next answer made my anger more evident. "You"
"Me?" I asked sarcastically, pointing at myself.

He didn't say any word. "You think you own me? Clyde you own me before I give you that divorce paper!"

"I still own you after you give me that damn paper!" he said. He is now yelling at me. And how dare he.

"No! Now if you don't need anything else better get out of my sight," I said, finallity is evident in my voice.

"For now," he whispered but I heard it.
He left without even glancing at me again.

End of flash back.

"Hey, are you still there?" he asked that brought me back to reality.

"What do you need?" I asked, irritation is evident in my voice.
"You," he answered that made me glare at him. Instead of being affected, he just shrugged his shoulder and pass by me. I immediately closed the door and follow him. "Hey you asshole! who give you the permission to enter our house?" I yelled at him. His back is facing me.