Chapter 4

Alice's POV

It's been a month since I've been married to Clyde. For that period of time, nothing happened except for the fact that Clyde's practice is getting worst. He ignores me every time I ask him about his whereabouts. He doesn't even give time to answer my texts or calls. He always come home late and left for work early. If not, he'll be spending his time at his condo with someone. He doesn't even have time to taste or eat the food I cooked for him even if I asked him to.

There was this day when I planned to surprise him at his office but I was the one who was surprised. I saw him kissing a girl who is sitting on his lap. I thought he only play with girls during the time that he's bored but I was wrong. Even during office hours he play with girls. I didn't disturb them from what they're doing so I just exited and left. That has been his routine this past few days.

As a wife, I don't want to stop from believing that soon he'll realize my worth. But the question is, when will that happen. All I did during those times is to cry and cry. I've been crying because of the fact that he's been blaming me for this marriage.

But damn, today is different.
I actually attended a meeting that is supposed to be attended by my father but they're out of the country. After the meeting I received a call from my mother and she informed me that they'll be visiting at the mansion the day after tomorrow.

I have just arrive from the meeting and the first person I saw was Emily. "Is Clyde already here?" I asked.

"Yes Alice but-"

I raised my hand to stop whatever she's about to say. Well, I'm just excited that my parents will be visiting us. "Okay, I get it. I'll go to his room," I said. I didn't wait for her to say something and just ignored her even if I can clearly hear her calling out for my name.

When I was already standing infront of his room, I suddenly feel rats playing inside my chest. My eyes widened and tears falls down my cheeks as I opened the door. Clyde is making out with someone. No not someone but it's Liza.

I bit my lower lip to stop myself to burst out. I immediately wipe my tears away and slammed the door hard just enough to make them stop what they're doing. Or, I don't even know if they really stopped. Maybe they're still doing the thing.

What I want is to forget what I just saw. I'm on my way out of the house when I bumped into someone. "Hey, are you okay?"

I know it was Emily. She's the only and last person I know who is inside this mansion. Aside from me and those people who are having fun inside, of course. I just took a glance at her and continued to where my car is. Thanks God, I have my own car. Tears are still falling down my cheeks but I didn't mind it. I started the engine and made my way out of the house.

I looked for my cellphone and as soon as I found it I dialed Faye's number. "Friend, I was about to call you, I have good news for-"

"Meet me at the bar. I'll send you the address, okay," I said to shut my friends mouth. I know I'm being rude but for now I don't care. It's my first time to be rude. I drive as fast as I can until I reach my destination.

I texted Faye to inform her about my whereabouts. I entered the bar and ordered hard drinks.

Faye's POV

Finally, we have arrived at the bar. Yes, we because I'm with my friends Luke Zaragoza, just like his cousin Clyde, he's also the CEO of the Zaragoza Inc.. I'll tell you a secret, I'm secretly inlove with him. Okay, Calvin Thompson is also here who is freshly from New York.

Just a brief background, Calvin and Luke are childhood bestfriends. And how did we became friends? Well, it all started during our college days and that's also the time when Alice met Clyde.

That only means one thing, Clyde has also been part of this friendship. I guess that's enough for an introduction because this is not my story.

You're right, so you better shut up. says my conscience.

So back to the story. We entered the bar and finally saw Alice. I think she's already drunk by the way she move. "I think my cousins wife is drunk," says Luke.

"Tss, maybe he's the reason behind all of this," I answered. I didn't hear anything from the two guys who is with me. We headed to her place. He was about to drink her last shot when I snatched it from her. "Hey give me back my drinks!" she says.

I find a place for me to sit just like what Luke and Calvin did. "Atlast you're already here, what's your good news anyway," she asked.