Chapter 19

Clyde's POV

I played with my pen in my hands while waiting for my unexpected visitor to say something. "Liza what a visit, what do you need?" I asked. I know that she has something to tell me. It's been two years since I saw her and now she's here standing infront of me.

"Are you wooing your wife, I mean ex-wife?" she asked giving me that smirk that I wanted to scratch from her face. She's wearing a dress that show more of her skin. It will surely attract attention from men that will see her.
"I don't think that you have the right to ask me that kind of question," I said. Seriousness is evident in my voice.

"Oh, the great Clyde De Guzman is having a hard time to woo his ex-wife, don't you think that she really doesn't want you back?"

"What do you really need?"
"You," she said using her seductive voice. Still the gold digger I've met. 

"Sorry to disappoint you this time Liza but, I tried to fight for you and I even ignore my wife-"

"Ex-wife baby," she corrected me.
"Yeah, but that was my biggest mistake ever," I said that made her glare at me. It's obvious that she really is inlove with me.

"And that is the reason why you want her back?"

"Yes. May I ask, why did my secretary let you in?" I asked again. I strictly instructed my secretary not to let anyone enter my office especially when they don't have any appoinment with me.
"It's easy to scare your secretary," she answered.
I smirked at her. My suspicion is right. She scared my secretary. Still the Liza that I've known.
"Well, it's only for today Liza. The next time you set your feet in my company I'll make sure that the security guards will absolutely drag you out," I say.
She gave me that death glare again.

"Damn you!" she said walking towards my desk. Yes, very ungentleman act but I did it. I let her stand and never offered her a seat. She tried to sit but I stopped her.
I grinned as she slams her fist on top of my desk. "After using me, you are just going to throw me away?" she said with an angry voice.

I stood from my seat. Controling myself is not a good idea after all. She's really getting into my nerves. "If I used you then I shouldn't have wasted my time choosing you over my wife. I love you but that was before I discovered who really you are!" I said that made her step back.

"I'm so sorry about that, but if you give me another chance I promise that I'll be faithful to you," she said. I just shook my head. I don't want her in my life again and that is for sure. I want my happiness back. And that is my ex-wife.

"Sorry to disappoint you but it's too late, my happiness is back," I said before walking towards my door. I opened it and look at her. She raised an eyebrow giving me that what-are-you doing look.
"I know that you know your way out and I don't need to call for those security guards outside to drag you out, right?" I asked. She stomped her foot before walking towards me.
"We're not yet done baby," she said.
I just smirked, "Is that a threat? If yes then I'm not threatened by it. So this is really the last, goodbye."

She walked pass through me. I watch as she disappeared from my sight. I closed my office door and get back to work. This maybe is the best happening to start my day.

Alice's POV

It's been a week since the day I asked Clyde to have dinner with me. Since then, Clyde didn't show up to me. He didn't visit the house. My parents were already suspecting me on why Clyde didn't show up for one week. I tried to tell them that he's busy but they always have an answer. They always reasoned out that Clyde has time to visit them even if he is busy.

I tried to call him but he's always busy or out of coverage. I even tried to recall if I did something that causes him not to show up. "Hey! wake up dude!"
I jump on my seat as I heard her shout right in my face. "Yuck Faye!" I said that causes her to roll her eyes.