1

Zion

"STOP MICHEAL PLEASE." My mother yelled as her boyfriend was beating her ass. I just sat there and smoked a blunt.

The same shit happens over and over again. She gets high and he come home drunk and beat her ass while I sit here and try getting my sister to sleep and smoke a blunt while they fight.

I moved Zahari over on the bed so I can get up. I put my shoes on went out my door downstairs where they were yelling. "Can y'all please shut tf up my sister trying to go to sleep damn." Soon as that came out, I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek.

I looked up and my mom's boyfriend was over me. "Don't be disrespectful in my god damn house." He spoke.

I started to breathe heavy cause I was pissed. See he use to hit me until I punched him in his face, and I would stay in my room unless he was gone.

I went upstairs and got me and my sister stuff so I could take her to our granny's house. After I was done, I woke her up and told her to put some shoes on.

"Where are we going." She asked while rubbing her eyes. I sighed "to grannies for a little while." She nodded and continued to put on her shoes.

After we both were done, I got the stuff and held her hand while going down the stairs. "Where are you two going." I heard my mom say I guess Michael had left.

"We going to grannies." I told her not facing her. I felt her pull Zahari arm from me. I turned around and pulled Zahari behind me.

"No, you not taking my child." I take a deep breathe. "Bitch she not even yo child. She wasn't when Michael came, she wasn't when she said she was hungry. I do everything for her not you so leave us tf alone. Fucking crackhead." I whispered the last part, but I guess she still heard me.

She slapped the shit out of me, and I heard Zahari start to cry. I was done with people hitting me. I slapped her back and I told Zahari to run to the park that was down the street.

I punched my mom and she fell, and she hit her head on the glass table. I checked her pulse she was still alive, so I got our stuff and ran to the park.

After a few minutes of running, I made it there and started to look for my sister. "ZAHARI." I yelled while looking around for her.

"I'm right here." I heard her and turned around. I hugged her and I lead her to the bench. "Are you ok." She said and rubbed my cheek.

It hurts but not that bad. I nodded yes and I got up so we could go to my granny house. He house wasn't that far just a few blocks away but once I take her there, I'm going to the store to get her something to eat.

Our father left money for us to save before he ran off somewhere. I just saved the money for emergencies. I used to wonder why he left us with her and do he still love us, but I stopped and realized that he wasn't coming back. So, I stopped thinking about him.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by my sister pulling my shirt. I didn't even notice we were here. I knocked on granny's door and waited for her to answer.

After what felt like forever, she finally opened the door and once she saw us she hurried up and pulled us inside. "What are y'all doing out at this time of night." She asked about to turned around to walk in the kitchen but stopped when she saw my face.

"Zion who dis that to you." She said and came towards me and rubbed my cheek. "Your daughter and her boyfriend." I told her and she looked pissed.

"But I brung Zahari to stay for a couple of days until I get more food for my room and all the tension calms down at the house, but I'll be back tonight to bring her some food." She nodded and went to the kitchen.