16

Zion

We were still at the hospital. It's taking them forever just to tell me if my sister is alright or not cause if I swear, she ain't I might just blow the hospital up.

"Zion can you sit." I stopped and looked at my father. I wanted to tell him it was his fault but I ain't want to hurt his feelings.

"If I sit down and my sister ain't alright I might blow this hospital up." He shook his head, but I was dead serious.

"Don't do that Zion we ain't got time for dat shit right now." I shrugged.

"If I don't blow up the hospital, I will blow up the entire city then all of us move." I rolled my eyes.

"Family of Zaharra Brown." I was the first person to him.

"Is she alright." I asked. He looked at his clip board. "Zaharra had some infections in her vagina area and bladder. She had internal bleeding and her brain was swollen. She was raped almost every day and beaten. Did y'all know she was pregnant."
I shook my head no.

"Yes, she was about 4 almost 5 months pregnant." I closed my eyes. "Did she make it."

I asked and he gave me a sad expression. "I'm sorry but no she didn't make it due to her having infections so long and her losing blood." I nodded.

He left and I just stood there. I felt like if I moved, I might fall to the floor, so I didn't. It felt like this was all my fault, if I would have made her stay then this shit wouldn't be happening. I sighed.

"Come on Zion." My hearing was going in and out so I barely could hear what anybody said. I guess they noticed cause Zahari grabbed my hand.

I picked Aiden up and went to the car. Everybody followed by nobody said anything. When I looked at my dad, he had tears coming down his face. I felt hands wipe my face. I looked at Aiden and he was looking at me.

"It's ok she's in a better place." I nodded and he laid his head on my shoulder. I need somebody to talk to I can talk to my dad them, but it wouldn't be the same cause they going through the same thing.

I put Aiden in the car and everybody else got in. I dropped everybody off and it was just me and Aiden.

"So whatcha wanna do youngin." I asked him. He shrugged and I shrugged to making him laugh.

I called the person who even though they mad at me and I'm mad at her would give me advice.

"Hello."

"Sabrina, can you meet me at our spot I need to talk with someone."

"Uh I don't know if that's a good idea." I sighed.

"Please it's not about me and you."

"Alright." I hung up.

"Come on we got somewhere to be got put on yo shoes." I told him. He went to his room to put his shoes on then came back.

"Can we go to the carnival tomorrow with Zahari." I nodded and we walked out the door and got in the car and drove off.

I pulled up to our spot. It was really just a beautiful view of the city I had brought her hear on our first date. There was a tap at my window, and I looked up and it was Sabrina. I unlocked the door and she got in.

"So whatchu needed to talk about." I sighed then looked back at Aiden.

"Aiden go play while we talk." He got out and went to go play. I looked at Sabrina and she was still as beautiful as I left her.

"It's just too much for me this life." I put my head on the steering wheel. I felt tears running down my face.

"What happened Zion you know you could tell me."

"My sister died and it's all my fault." That's when the water works started and I heard her sigh and start rubbing my back.

"Why would you say that I know it's not your fault Zion." Shook my head no.

"It is cause Ima fuck up and no one cares everybody think I'm crazy the only person who truly cared was my sister I don't even think you cared." She stopped rubbing my back.

"I did care, and I still do. Zion, I love you with all my heart, but you broke it when you had a baby while we were together."

I sat up and wiped my face before looking at her. "If you would have let me explain you would have known that she didn't tell me until we got together and that incident happened at the house and you fell in a coma but it's alright cause I learned that I ain't gotta explain myself to people and I told her since she told me that I wanted a DNA test and if the baby mine ima take care if my responsibility and if it's not I told her to leave me the fuck alone but I gotta go so can you get out." I told her.

"Aiden come on so we can go pick up zahari." I started my car. I looked at Sabrina and she was crying but I didn't care at that moment she ain't care when I was crying. She got out and Aiden got in and I drove off heading to my dad's house.

I made it there and Aiden didn't even give me time to cut the car off and he hoped out. I just shook my head and got out the car heading to the house.

"POPS." I yelled threw the house. This lady came she looked like she was about the same age as my dad but a little younger.

"Hello how may I help you." She asked.

"I'm looking for my father." She nodded.

"Oh, you must be Zion and Aiden, I'm Amanda." We shook hands and Zahari, and my dad came downstairs. When Zahari seen me and Aiden and ran towards us well Aiden.

"Gosh Zahari where's my love." She got off of hugging Aiden and ran to me.

"Why you here."

"Dang nobody wanna show love today but I came to get Zahari and talk to you." He nodded.

"Go get yo stuff ready and pack something for the carnival tomorrow." She nodded and dragged Aiden with her.

"I met up with Sabrina." My dad looked up quick.

"How did it go you seem calm about it." I scratched the back of my neck.

"The only reason she broke with me because she thought I cheated on her and had a baby by Bri but I didn't I had sex with Bri one more time then I cut her off cause me and Sabrina got back together and a couple of weeks later she popped up at my door saying she was pregnant and I told her that it wasn't mine but she was so sure but then after Bri finally left Sabrina came knocking at my door and that's when all that stuff happened with Michael." He nodded.

"All I'm saying is give her time but I'm pretty sure she going to see she fucked up and didn't let you explain so this is both of y'all fault." I nodded in agreement.

"It makes me not want her no more cause if this happens it's most likely going to happen again and she don't know how to sit and listen to somebody, that's the problem right there."

"Then don't be with her if you don't want to, she can't force you into a relationship. Just let everything set in place for now and focused on Aiden and Zahari." I nodded.

I told the kids to come on and we left and went to my house. When we did, I laid in my bed while thinking of what my dad said.