28

Ashley

5 months later...

"Babe can I ask you a question." I asked Zion. She was laying on my stomach while playing the game and I was rubbing in her head.

"Yea what's wrong." She asked.

"Nothing I just wanted to ask if you wanted another child or two." She paused the game before sitting up facing me. She scratched the back of head.

We sat there in silence for a minute and then she finally spoke up. "To be honest with I really don't want to have another child but at the same time I don't know." I began to play with my fingers.

"Alright." I stood up and went downstairs and got my keys. I
heard her behind me.

"Are you mad." I heard her say. I turned around and forced a smile
on my face. "I'm fine I just have to go talk to my mom since she wanted to talk earlier." She nodded still not sure.

I turned around and headed outside to my car. I got in and wiped a tear that fell. I wasn't really upset I just wanted at least one more child with her, but I guess that's not happening.

I started the car and headed to my mother's house for some advice. I was at as red light and once it turned green, I started to drive then I heard a horn, I turned my head just as the car came in contact with mine.

Soon darkness came over me.

Zion

"So, what happened." I sighed and rubbed threw my hair.

"She asked did I want another child and then I said no and then it's like all of a sudden she gets sad and upset then she left." I was currently talking to my dad's girlfriend cause she was most likely the only female I really trusted.

"Well did you at least try to talk to her or explain why you didn't want another child." I shook my head.

"No, I was going to talk to her, but she walked out before I could talk to her, and I let her walk out." My phone started ringing.

"Hello."

"Yes. Is this Zion."

"Yes, this is and may I ask who's asking."

"Yes, this is Lincoln memorial hospital um we have Ashley Summers here." My heart stopped.

"Yes, I'm on my way thank you." I got up. "Um can you watch the kids Ashley is in the hospital." She nodded.

I ran to the car and got in and drove off. I made it to the hospital in like five minutes and hopped out the car running in the hospital.

"Can you tell me what room Ashley Summers is in." I asked the girl at the front desk. She started popping on her gum and shit I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I grabbed her by her collar and put my lips at her ear so she could hear me clearly. "If you don't tell me what room Ashley summers is in then I will personally beat yo ass." I let go of her shirt and she got to typing.

"Um sh-she's in room 3-301." I rushed to Ashley's room. When I got there I'm guessing they were her parents. I stood there trying to catch my breath damn a nigga outta shape.

I looked up at Ashley and she was up looking at me while smiling I smiled back. "Are you alright." I asked still looking at her.

"Yea I am but umm mom this is my girlfriend Zion who I was telling yall about and Zion these are my parents, Kendra." I shook her parent's hands.