32

Zion

I was surprised when I saw what was at the front door. It was a baby in a car seat. "What the fuck." I said and picked the car seat up.

I turned around and Ashley was behind me she looked just as surprised as I did. "Well don't just stand there bring the baby in." I nodded and carried the car seat to the living room. the car seat looked old and dirty

"Who would leave a baby out there in the cold weather." I shrugged. The baby started crying so Ashley picked him up. "I think we need to take him to the hospital he's very cold." I nodded.

 I saw a piece of paper in the car seat. I picked it up before she could put him all the way in. I opened it and it was the birth certificate and a couple of other pieces of paper.

I stood there and started reading it. It was saying that I'm the father, but I was confused still. "What does it say." Ashley asked and I gave the papers to her.

"This is your son." I shrugged. "I guess so that's what its saying." She spoke. I sighed this is stressful. "The mother is India." I quickly looked at her.

"What that can't be right. That means she was pregnant before and she didn't tell me, or she didn't know." I went sat down next to my son.

I looked at him, he looked more like India. "His name is Kacey." I nodded and put my head in my hands. "We should take him to the hospital now." I nodded. I went upstairs to x room and got a onesie to put on him.

"Go take him to the car and I'll get the kids." I said once I got back downstairs Ashley nodded and I gave her the keys. Once I got back up the stairs and to our room, I found them all sleep in the bed.

I woke Zahari and Aiden up and told them to go put on shoes and go to the car while I got noah and Skye and their shoes. I walked downstairs and everybody was ready.

I put Noah and Skye in the car and got in the driver's seat. I drove to my dad house and dropped the kids off and drove to the hospital.

I got my phone out and called both trey and Zay.

"Wassup." Zay said he sounded like he was sleep but it was only the afternoon.

"Meet me at the hospital." He said alright and I hung up. I called trey next.

"Wassup bro." He spoke.

"Wassup meet me at the hospital." I told him. He sounded like he fell.

"What happened u ight is my sis alright who do I gotta fuck up now." He kept going on and on.

"Trey aint nobody hurt just come to the hospital." I hung up before he could say anything.

I sighed. "It's ok baby I'm not going to leave you." I nodded and finally arrived at the hospital. I saw Zay and trey talking to each other, so I parked next to them.

Ashley got the baby and wrapped him up and we both got out. "Who baby." Is the first thing they said when we got out the car.

"Mine apparently." They didn't look shock at all. "Ok from who though." I scratched the back.

"India." Zay looked surprised while trey ugly ass laughed. "Do you know what a condom is because I don't think you do." I stuck the middle finger at trey.

"Come on he been in the cold to long." I said and we walked inside the hospital. "Where his clothes at."

"He aint have nun on when we found at our front door." They just shook their head. I went to the front desk.

"Yes, how may I help you." The older lady asked and smiled. "Yes, um my baby mother left my son at my doorstep, and I don't know how long I just want him to be checked out." She nodded and called a doctor to come.

I sat next to Ashley, and she handed me Kacey. I looked at me and he just stared back at me. "Come baby." I looked up and Ashley was standing by a doctor.

I stood up and told trey and Zay well be back. We walked to the back and the doctor showed us our room. I put Kacey in the baby bed, and I sat in a chair next to it.

"Are you ok baby." Ashley asked and sat on my lap. "Yea Ima be fine I'm just upset that India left him out there like that with barely clothes on." She nodded.
"Well, there's nothing seriously wrong with him his body temperature just dropped." I nodded at the doctor.

You can take him home though he will be fine just put him in some long clothes and keep him warm." I thanked the doctor, Ashley got Kacey and then we walked to the lobby where trey and say was waiting on us.

"Well, he's going to be fine." They nodded and we began to leave the hospital.

"So, what's his name you never told us." I turned to them and smiled.

"His name is Kacey." They both smiled and nodded. "Aye I like that name." Trey told us. "Me to." Zay also said. We all walked to our cars and talked for a lil minute and the I looked at the time it was going on to 7:00. "Ight yall Ima catch you later we got some shopping to do for Kacey." We dapped each other up and they both hugged Ashley and we got in the car. 

I drove out the hospital parking lot and drove towards the store to buy Kacey a car seat and the stroller. When we got there my phone began to ring so I picked it up and looked at the contact's name, it was my dad. I answered it while helping Ashley out the car. 

"Wassup pops." I spoke.

"Umm are you busy right now or something." He asked. He sounded nervous or something.

"A little bit but wassup, are you ok." I asked him while closing Ashley's door and we began to walk towards the door. 

"I just have something to tell you but when you are not busy can you swing through well you have to swing through anyway to get the kids." I scratched the back while looking confused. 

"Yea, yea I know but when I'm done with everything Ima come there plus, I have something to show you also." We walked inside the store and went straight to back where the baby stuff was.

"Alright ill talk to you later." I hung up and Ashley looked at me. "What's wrong." I looked at her and shook my head slowly. "Nothing just my dad, he said he had something to tell me." She nodded. We finally made it to the back.

"I like this one." I smiled. Ashley looked really happy about this baby stuff while I was thinking of what my dad had to tell me, he sounded strange. By the time I was done over thinking I noticed that Ashley had Kacey in the car seat and a whole cart full of baby stuff. I chuckled and shook my head. 

"What." She looked at me while smiling. "Nun you look like you having fun over there." She nodded her head. "I am." She started pushing to the cart to the next isle and I walked right behind her. 

Ashley was finally done shopping and Kacey as sleep. We got a bed, formula, wipes, and diapers and some clothes. If I wouldn't have told her she could just shop for clothes online, we would have been here all day. I paid for everything and loaded the car, I buckled Kacey in the car and walked to the driver's side. Ashley looked tired, like she would fall asleep anytime soon.

I got in the car and looked over to Ashley and she was indeed sleep, I chuckled and started the car. I tapped Ashley waking her up. "What." She pouted. "You want me to take you and Kacey home or you coming with me to my dad's house." I asked her. "No, I wanna come with you plus your dad has to see Kacey." I nodded and drove to my pops house. 

We made it to my pops house and woke Ashley up, she got out and got Kacey. I turned the car off and got out. I went to the door and unlocked it since I had a key. We walked inside "Pops." I semi-yelled. "In the living room." I heard him say. We walked to the living room, and I saw him talking to some girl and boy the girl looked like she was around my age just a little bit older and the boy was looked older than both of us.

"Who are they." I asked looking confused. "Come sit." He said and motioned for us to sit down. We sat a crossed from them, it was silent until I said something. "So, what did you want to talk about." I asked. "Alright this is your little sister Danielle and your older brother Darnell." I looked at him and laughed, I shook my head.