Peterick- pete's fault p.2

3rd person.

"Hello New York!" Patrick shouted into the microphone. Both hands on the stand to support himself from the blinding pain in his foot that he won't admit to.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight! We really appreciate it. Tonight will run a bit differently since, Patrick had a little incident during sound check in which me and Andy scared our boyfriends well enough that he ended up falling off the stage. Being the stubborn little one he is, forced himself onstage tonight under conditions made by me that he agreed to so just as a head up. Anyways this is our first song The Phoenix!" Pete monologued. Patrick gave him side glances through the whole speech, taking in all the beauty that Pete radiated. God was he lucky to call this man his boyfriend. Patrick got so distracted that he missed the first line. "Uh. Patrick, babe, wanna try again or are you gonna keep staring at me?" Pete laughed, causing Patrick to blush and look down. An array of 'awes' wave through the audience and the rest of his bandmates.

"Shut up. Let's just start." Patrick pouts. The music starts again, this time hitting the notes correctly.

The rest of the show goes according to plan, Patrick's foot getting more and more painful as time goes on. Not that he would admit it of course. About three quarters way through the show, Pete decided to do a quick check in. He crept up behind Patrick as Joe was talking.

"Hey baby, how are ya feeling?" He whispered into his ear.

"G-great!" Patrick lied. Pete sighed before kissing Patrick's cheek.

"You're such a bad liar, 'Tricky." He said before returning to his original place. The rest of the show goes on without a hitch until the end of the show.

"Thank you all for coming out tonight! You've been such a great audience, we love you all! Goodnight!" Pete shouted into the mic. Andy and Joe are already making their way off the stage and Patrick is trying to. He limps off for a second before losing balance and falling, lucky that Pete was there to catch him. Pete smiles down at his boyfriend before picking him up bridal style and carrying him offstage. He rushes to the dressing room, and puts Patrick down on the chair in the corner before kneeling down in front of him. "'Trick. I hate to break it to ya but I think you broke your foot."

"No, I didn't it's just a bruise, it'll be fin-"

"Don't even argue me on this, baby. Listen, we're going to a hotel tonight and on the way we'll pick up a wrap at Walgreens and we'll see if we can prevent a hospital trip. Ok?" Pete grabs his lovers hand and kisses it gently.

"Yeah, ok."

"Ok cool. Let's get on the bus then." Pete helps Patrick up, keeping a protective arm around his waist. Slowly but surely they make it out to the bus where Andy and Joe were.

"Patrick!" Joe gasps when they come in. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." Patrick lied again.

"Pat, you are such a bad liar."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Patrick laughs as he sits on the couch.

"Because it's true, babe." Pete laughs as he sits down next to him, keeping his arm around Patrick. "Anyways we need to stop at Walgreens to get something for Patrick's foot." Joe nodded and went to tell the bus driver. Soon enough they stop at the nearest pharmacy and Pete and Andy went in to pick up the foot thingy. They come back to the bus and a three minute drive later they arrive at their hotel. They check in quickly before separating into their selected rooms. Pete and Patrick enter their room and Patrick immediately falls into bed. Pete kneels down in front of the boy again. "Sit up love, I'm gonna wrap your foot." Patrick does as he's told and sits up. Pete places the beginning of the fabric on his foot, pressing down slightly to keep it still. Patrick lets out a sharp inhale at the small amount of pressure. "Sorry, baby! Does that hurt? I'll try to be more careful!" Pete apologizes rapidly, in fear of hurting his baby.

"No! You're fine. It didn't hurt at all." Patrick says, too stubborn to admit his pain. Pete sighs and continues to wrap his foot with the occasion flinch and whimper from Patrick. Once he's down both boys strip down to their boxers and crawl into bed. Pete faced Patrick and pulled him closer by his small waist, keeping one arm their whilst the other absent mindedly played with Patrick's hair.

"You know, 'Trick." Pete starts. "It's ok to be in pain from time to time. It happens to everyone and you don't need to be ashamed or anything about it."

"I know. I guess it's just that. I don't need anyone to be bothered by my stupid problems. We needed to do a show and I wasn't gonna let a small injury stop that." Patrick responds timidly.

"Patrick, your problems aren't stupid. We are always here to help you out. Never forget that." Pete kisses his forehead gently.

"Thanks Pete. That means a lot." Patrick smiled before leaning up to kiss Pete on the lips one more time before going to bed but not before exchanging 'I love you's' with Pete first.