Frerard-Guitar lessons

"DAMN IT FRANK, ITS HOPELESS!" Gerard groans, from the couple's bedroom. Frank looks up from the book he's reading as the red haired kid stomped down the stairs. Gerard slumped down onto the couch on the opposite end of his fiancé.

"What are you doing, baby?" Frank asks the distressed boy. Gerard just huffs in response. "Oh well we just CAN'T have a distressed prince can we?" Frank fake pouts, moving into Gerard's side of the couch and pulling him into his lap. Gerard's grown turns into a very small, almost unnoticeable, smile. Frank kissed his lips very softly, making his smile grow. "That's better, now why are you frustrated. Working on a new song?"

"UGH! Yes. And I just can't get this riff right and I'm frustrated." Gerard groaned and leaned his head on Frank's shoulder.

"Well I'll help you then! Practice makes perfect!" Frank smiled, giddy to help Gerard. The smaller boy smiled and nods, getting off of Frank's lap and pulling him up with him. Frank chuckled as Gee dragged him up to the bedroom. The first thing he noticed was the guitar laying on the floor and a pick that was broken in half. "Gerard how did you manage to break this pick in half?" Frank laughs.

"It's not that hard actually." Gerard mumbles and picks the guitar back up. Frank grabs a new pic from the bag of them they keep on the window sill. He sits down next to Gerard.

"Ok so what's the riff?" Frank asks. Gerard hands him a piece of paper that has writing that looks like chicken scratch. "I can't read this, babe." Gerard looks at the paper and quickly snatches it away, replacing it with a piece of paper that had neatly written chords and tabs on it. I take the guitar from him and play the riff a couple of times quickly and hand the guitar back to him. "Ok give it another shot." I told him and he tried again, messing up and growling in annoyance. "C'mon baby, don't get annoyed. C'mere." I grabbed him by the waist and pulled him so he was in between my legs as we sit against the headboard. I place my hands over his, one on the neck and one of the base of the guitar.

"Frank, it's hopeless." He groaned, leaning his head up to look me in the eyes. I chuckled and pecked his lips.

"No it's not, relax." I spoke softly. He nods. "Ok so what is going to happen is where going to play it chord by chord and strum pattern by strum pattern. Together and then you try, alright?" Gerard nods and carefully we play the riff over and over, faster and faster until he is able to do it on his own. By the time we were done I was holding him by the waist. "Told you you could do it baby." Frank praises and kisses Gerard who just smiles and keeps playing. Neither boy could ask for a more perfect day.