New Friend

Y/n's P. O. V.

I woke up to the sun shining against my face and I groan throwing the covers over my head. My alarm clock rang at the most convenient time and I threw it across the room.

"Honey Let's go!" My dad called out from the other room and I dragged myself into the bathroom..after a warm shower I got ready and took my luggage that was preprepped the day before.

"Dad? What time is the flight?" I asked and he drank his cup of coffee, handing me one. "Well I'm not the one going so you should be responsible, Y/N." I rolled my eyes and checked the ticket.

"Alright sorry! Jeez." He chuckled and hugged me. "Who's going to take care of my baby? She's going so far away.. I don't even know when you'll be back. I want you to be safe honey. And if anything, you call.Me."

I sighed and he patted my head. "I'm gonna miss you too dad. I'm sure I'll be fine. Katie isn't so bad. She's a good friend and a roommate." He gave me an unconvinced nod and grabbed my luggage towards the car.

As we sat down inside, I stare out the window, already missing home. A long journey out there for me to explore so why would I give it up? This job I'm holding onto should give me an opportunity.

To be a journalist was all I ever wanted. My job was simple at least. I have a boss, I work for him and I'm like his personal secretary. I placed my ear buds in and turned on my favourite song.

I began to hum along and tap my fingers against my leg. "So honey, if you find.. A boy..-" I burst out laughing and he looked at me through the mirror. "I will never, Never find a boyfriend dad. I'm happy just staying with you."

"Honey. You know I'll die someday and you need to go on with your life. I want to see you get married before I leave. That's my wish." I groaned and looked out the window. I never like the thought of having a boyfriend.

All they do is cheat and leave you. They manipulate and hurt you. I don't want to feel that ever. I'm just fine with my single and happy life. Although,  I do crave the love and affection from a boy from time to time.

"Y/N we are here. Wake up!" I snapped my eyes open after the ride and looked at the airport. There wasn't much people here and seemed quiet. I liked it. I walked in and my dad followed beside me.

"Alright you got all your stuff?" He asked and I checked around. My laptops, charger..makeup whenever I need it.. Yep.. And my clothes. "I got em all dad!" My mood immediately dropped as I felt a tear drop of my arm.

"Dad.. Please dont cry.. When I get enough money, I'll make sure to get a ticket for you to come there alright?" I tried to comfort or so and hugged him tight before the intercoms spoke.

"Alright! I gotta go! I love you!" I smiled and he waved widely. "Love you too honey!  Call me!" I took the plane and sat down at my allocated number. Thank God it was by the window.

A man sat beside me and I smiled back politely. "Hi?" His voice startled me and I took my ear buds out. "Hey." I awkwardly stared and he seemed to notice the uncomfortable silence. "Sorry I just wanted to start a conversation.. The flights going to be long and utterly boring."

I gave a chuckle and reached my hand towards him. "Y/N, L/N.". "Tyler Wine." I shook his hand and we began on our conversation. "So what do you like to do on your free time?"

"Well for starters I don't have a free time, I am usually busy but if I do, I read a lot. I'm so indulged on books. I do play video games in the side too. Just for the amusement." His eyes went wide.

"Finally someone who I could relate to. My life is spent playing video games." He gave a laugh and I went along with it. "Well that life isn't so bad. It's fun and adventurous, you never know what to expect."

"Alright so what are your favorite things? List them down." He thought for a moment before turning to face me. "Well I like chicken. I love Mario kart, I have retarded friends who I love. I have my dog kino-"

"I didn't ask-.. Keep going.." He chuckled and kept going. "I have an obsession with Anthony, I wanna fuck em." I burst out laughing knowing it's a joke but then turned serious.

"Are you gay?" I asked and he burst out laughing, gaining the attention of the other passengers. "No!! But I'm gay for him." He winked and I giggled.
"So do you have a boyfriend?" He asked and I sighed.

Oh no.. He's going to ask me out isn't he? "Why? Are you interested?" I asked and he scoffed. "No. I'm just curious." I raised an eyebrow and he waited.

"Nope. Never found one and never will." He chuckled and looked at his hands. "Same. I want one tho. I want a girlfriend but they never come around." I sheepishly laughed. "It's alright. I understand."

I gave him a smile. "I hope that we could meet again." He smirked and I winked. "Of course you can." I grabbed his phone and typed my number in, saving it as 'Lit Friend Y/N'.

He chuckled when he took back his phone and notice he was changing the name. "Hey dont!" I slightly yelled and the air stuardess came towards me.

"Is there any problem?" I smiled sweetly and Tyler held in his laughter. "Nothing at all!" I took his phone and blushed while I stared at the given contact name.

'Adorable Ms. L/N'

"You like it?" He poked my arm and I chuckled. "Love it."