Chapter 1

Chapter 1

     First practice of the year, and the most boring. We just read through the script and the ensemble sits there and listens. As usual, I'm stuck in the ensemble, but I'm not that talented anyway.  We are doing Guys and Dolls this summer, so we needed a lot of guys. DAMN! We got quite a few attractive ones this year.

     A few days ago my friend, Kendra, texted me "Lily, watch out for Nicely Nicely Johnson, he's MINE! ;)" I didn't know him, but she falls for almost any guy, so I wasn't worried.

     The director was calling up people to get their scripts. "Nicely Nicely Johnson is Kirk Charter!" Kendra nudged me. DAMN! She didn't fall for one of her usual douchebags this time! He was attractive!

     "Oh, that's him? Cool!" I said, I didn't want to admit what I really thought or else she might kill me. I kind of liked someone else anyway. I was helping out my mom's best friends choirs at our middle school, and I became great friends with one of the boys that will be a freshman next year (even though I'm a junior, I know it's pathetic). They continued to call up everybody else that got a part and then we sat through the boring reading, with Kendra freaking out every time Kirk read his lines. This summer's show will be crazier than usual.