Chapter 8

Chapter 8

     During our break, we went outside and sat on the stairs as usual. I didn't really know how to start this off, and it was an awkward silence, so I should probably start before we go on a different subject.

     "Michelle, you know when you and Kendra were having the usual guy smell argument?" Michelle gave me a weird face and nodded. "Ever since then, Kirk has been talking to me a lot more and staring at me, but he doesn't have the courage to flirt or anything. I'm really confused, but I don't want to do anything since Kendra claimed him. And it's not just me thinking he's acting weird because Hannah noticed first." I had a sign of relief, I was glad the difficult part was over, as far as I knew. They all just gave me weird looks, but I could tell they were thinking about it. Gabby had to be herself and break the silence.

     "Well then, that ship name should be Lirk, but that sounds creepy...Kily? Whatever you want!" She said. We all laughed, but then it got serious again. Then, I noticed Jesse sitting there, looking slightly disappointed.

     "I think you should just let whatever happens, happen." he said, breaking his disappointed look. Everybody shook their head in agreement. I'll take that advice then. Maybe Jesse is trying to say something....