Chapter 23

Chapter 23

      I've been waiting for this moment to (hopefully) come, when Kirk and Jesse quit fighting over me, and one would win and it would just stop. It got annoying as soon as it started.

      "So, did you decide what you're going to do yet?" Star asked.

      "You'll see!" Everybody gave me a messed up look, and as usual, Michelle and Katie were going to  start a cat fight with me. "Fine!" I yelled, "Since Jesse never had the guts to ask me out to my face, I'm saying yes to Kirk. What he said to me just melted my heart, and I can't say no to it. Everybody was silent, until Leo and Brad cheered.

     "Kily is going to be for real tonight!" They cheered and high-fived, then everybody else kind of joined in, but they didn't seem fully into it, but I didn't care. They would understand if they were there when he asked me out. They'll get over it eventually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Our second to last show was over. I offered to give Kirk a ride home so we could talk a little more. I would have to get used to it anyway. I got changed into civilian clothes and waited for Kirk to come back from meeting his fans, even though the cast probably fangirled over him more than everyone else would.

     After a while, we finally got in the car and I handed him my phone to pick whatever music he wanted to listen to. I have a pretty random array of music. There was an awkward silence while he was shuffling through my playlist, so I broke it.

     "So, about earlier, I'm gonna say yes." I said awkwardly. Trying not to sound awkward doesn't always work.

     "Really? Are you sure?" Kirk asked. He was blushing. It was kind of cute.

     "Would I say so if I wasn't sure?" I replied. I could definitely tell he was so excited to the point he wanted to giggle uncontrollably. We mostly talked about how much we are going to miss the show after it's over, and the car ride went fast.

     I pulled in his driveway and unlocked the doors so we could get out. "See you tomorrow! Keep breaking your legs!" I said jokingly. I checked my phone before leaving the driveway, and there was a text from Jesse, which is when I noticed he didn't really socialize with us tonight.

     "Hey. What went down tonight?" Shit.