Chapter 15

Chapter 15

     That door on the ceiling definitely led to where a lot of sets are stored above the scene shop. This would be the perfect place to eavesdrop from, but I would get in so much trouble for going up there.

     "Hey Lily, could you maybe fit up there and grab one of the spare tables? One of the legs broke on the other one." one of the props people said into the room. Perfect timing.

     "Yes, I can!" I stood on the table and pulled out the ladder and went up. I could already hear their conversation better. I grabbed the table and went back down and exchanged it for the broken table.

     "I'll try to fix this if you'd like!" I said to the props lady. She okayed it and I went back up to "get some tools." I'm pretty tool savvy, but I need to be an eavesdropper!

     "I thought he had more common sense than that. Like really, who would just go kiss a girl without asking her out first. He just seems like a manwhore!" Hannah said, comforting her sobbing sister. "And mom would be pissed if you guys did date because she'd have to drive really far for you guys to hang out." Shit. I never thought about that. My parents would be pissed about driving me to see him. Unless his parents constantly brought him into my town, but that's just rude.

     "Who would want an ugly bitch like Lily anyway? I mean, come on, I'm sexier than that!" Everybody chuckled, but I couldn't distinguish the voice. I assumed it was Michelle. I laughed at that, too. A little too loud perhaps.

     "Is somebody up there?" Aaron yelled. Knowing him, he would just bolt right up the ladder and start looking, so I ran back down into the dressing room and closed everything up like nothing happened. As soon as I sat down and got comfy, everybody else came storming in.

     "Had enough thinking time Lily?" Jesse asked. I shrugged and stared at him, and his depressed blue eyes. Ugh. I just felt awful.

     "Girl talk time." I said. Jesse, Aaron, and Leo walked out. They were probably gonna talk to Brad, who we haven't really talked to much, but we all knew Hannah liked him.

     "Jesse just seems depressed since all this went down." Gabby stated as everybody nodded in agreement.

     "I know! This is just so freaking stupid! Kirk and I probably wouldn't work out because it's kind of a long distance thing since my parents hate driving longer than ten minutes, or letting me drive that far, but Jesse wouldn't have much time because he'll be getting home from school really late. This is all dumb. I have many more things to care about than a boyfriend right now. I need to worry about school and my lessons more than this. That's why I fall for musically talented people so easily because they can support and understand what I want to do, but that's beside the point. What the hell is up with these people?" I ranted.

     "Kirk seems like he might be a slight manwhore, but I'm not sure because it seems like it's only you he has his eyes on. For all we know, that might be how people ask each other out where he's from, people get weird outside our town!" Hannah said with a few giggles. "As for Jesse, he seems interested, but he's not doing anything about it. I would talk to him about what's up." Hannah can give good advice, but this isn't working right now.

     "Time for curtain call!" Somebody shouted in. We hurried out into the wings into our lines. This was probably going to be the most normal five minutes of the night...or so I thought.