Chapter 32

Chapter 32

     Gabby grabbed the bottle and set it in the middle of the circle we made. She made Hannah go first. Hannah nervously grabbed the bottle and spun it. I slightly giggled when it landed on Brad, and so did everybody else. They kissed and the game progressed. The most hilarious kiss was between Leo and Aaron.

     "Okay guys, I think this will be the last one!" Gabby said. It was my turn, and hopefully I could spin it to Kirk. I nervously grabbed the bottle and spun it. It spun for what seemed like forever and finally landed. I looked up to see who it landed on, and of all people, it was Jesse. Everybody looked a little shocked. and then I heard the slight giggles from Michelle and Katie. This better be quick, I just want to get this done and over with. Jesse looked a little nervous, but definitely not as nervous as I was. We leaned in and kissed. I tried to pull away, but he kept pulling me back and wouldn't stop. I couldn't admit I didn't like it, but eventually Kirk pulled me back.

     "Thanks." I told Kirk. He nodded at me and gave Jesse an evil glare. They looked like they were going to start a fight, but Gabby, Michelle, and Katie pulled him somewhere to talk.

     "Well, that was interesting!" Leo said to break the silence. "He still obviously wants you, but Kirk is so much better for you!"

     "I know he does, but I really don't care. I have Kirk and I'm more than happy with him." I smiled at Kirk and he smiled back at me.

     "I'm really glad I came here to do this show because I met a lot of awesome people." Kirk said. We all reminisced about the summer until Gabby, Michelle, and Katie came back. They looked awfully happy for having a stressful situation going on.

     "What went on over there?" Hannah asked.

     "Jesse left, he's really stressed now." Michelle said.

     "He should be, for trying to steal my girlfriend!" Kirk said angrily.

     "I know, he's just kind of pissed because he's known and liked Lily for quite a while, and he's just really jealous that you are dating her." Gabby explained.

     "He doesn't need to be an asshole about it though!" I said, frustrated. I didn't want to lose a friend just because I was dating somebody, but Jesse could obviously be more mature than that.

     "Why don't we just drop this shit and have fun for the rest of the night?" Brad said. We all nodded our heads in agreement. We forgot about everything and talked about all the fun things we did this summer. The cast party ended up being a very fun night. Before we left, we all gave our sentimental goodbye speeches and gave everybody a hug.

     Kirk and I got in the car, and as usual, he took my phone and we sung along to romantic show tunes on the way to his house. We are such nerds, and I love it!

     "Lily, you have so much more talent than you give yourself credit for, you do know that, right?" Kirk asked me. I blushed at the compliment.

     "No, I don't. I'm not that good! My talent will never match up to Nicely Nicely's!" I said with a smile on my face, and he smiled back at me.

     "I'll bet you could easily get in the professional shows that I do, you can come audition with me in two weeks." He said. I was freaking out on the inside. There was no way in hell.

     "There's no way that could happen! I don't have that much talent!" I replied to him as we pulled in his driveway.

     "Yes you do, Lily! Think about it. Text me when you get home. Love you!" He said as he opened the door to get out of the car.

     "Love you too!" I replied. Wait, what? Was it too soon to be saying this? It just slipped out like it was natural. I didn't know if that was supposed to happen or not. I drove home and went straight to bed. It was a long, interesting day. I forgot to put my phone on silent, and as I was just about to drift off into sleep, my phone started ringing.