Chapter 30

Chapter 30

     I woke up hoping this day wouldn't come. Post show depression day, the worst day (or days, depending on how many shows I do) of the year. At least we had the cast party today, so tomorrow will be worse. It just made me more upset to think that I wouldn't be seeing Kirk every day anymore. I had absolutely nothing to do today, so I had plenty of time to spare before the cast party.

     I decided to straighten my long black hair since I had a lot of time to get ready. I always listened to music while I did this, and of course, "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" came on. It made me almost cry, but instead I enjoyed it and did all the dance moves. I have too much fun when I'm home alone. While I was jamming to my other songs, I heard my phone ring. Surprisingly, it was Jesse.

     "Hey, can I come over or something until the cast party? I'm really bored." He said. I was surprised he wanted to talk to me.

     "Sure! I'll be there in five!" I said. This was going to be awkward.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     We came back to my house and decided to watch some episodes of Glee.

     "The main reason I came was to apologize for the way I've acted. I'm really happy for you and Kirk." Jesse said awkwardly over the episode we were watching.

     "I already forgave you a while ago. I could never lose a good friend over a guy. It's just dumb." I said with a smile. "You'll always be like my little brother."

     "I know, sister." He said to me, and started texting. I guess he was really excited to make up with me. We watched a few more episodes of Glee and my phone rang. It was Kirk. I thought this conversation would be brief, so I just picked it up.

     "Hey, what's up?" I asked into the phone.

     "Hey! Could you give me a ride to the cast party? My parents had to work overtime." He asked.

     "Sure, but I'm picking up Jesse too. Is that okay?" I also looked over at Jesse, and he slowly nodded his head yes.

     "Yeah, that's fine!"

     "Alright, I'll be over in a half hour."

     Jesse and I got in the car to get Kirk, and as usual we jammed to show tunes. Thank goodness there wasn't any of the romantic ones, or else that would've been awkward, but I guess I spoke too soon.

     "I never heard this song from Wicked, let me listen!" Jesse said. Of all songs, "As Long As You're Mine" came on. I had to refuse to sing.

     "It's one of my favorites!" I said, acting like nothing was awkward. I didn't realize how close we were to his house, but the song changed in time. I pulled in the driveway and Kirk climbed in the car.

     "Hey guys!" He said excitedly. Jesse and I both responded and Jesse handed Kirk my phone to pick a song. Of course, he picked "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" to still live as Nicely Nicely Johnson.

     "You still wish you were him, don't you?" Jesse asked jokingly.

     "Yeah, it was one of my favorite roles!" He said and continued singing. We sang all the way to the cast party, then it hit me once again that this was the last time everybody in the cast would be together. I was definitely going to miss this cast, but nothing would stop me from having fun tonight.