Chapter 26

Chapter 26

     I met the girls backstage before the show started. I wanted this craziness to end now.

     "I called Jesse today, and it seems like he's blaming it on Leo and Brad that I decided to date Kirk. What is this? Do you guys think this too? You guys seem just as upset as him." I confronted all of them.

     "We all know you would give in to the guys more than us because you like or liked them, too." Katie said. This just put me right over the top.

     "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I NEVER SAID A DAY IN MY LIFE I LIKED EITHER OF THEM!" I pounded my fists on the table. I never knew I could get this angry. I have never said I liked Leo or Brad, especially considering Leo is a huge flirt and Brad is claimed by Hannah. They all just sat and stared at me.

     "Honestly, the reason why we are a little upset is because we tried to help Jesse get the guts to ask you out and everything, and it just never worked." Gabby stated and broke the silence." You guys were like the picture perfect couple to us, and now it's just kind of ruined, until further notice" Gabby added with a slight giggle. Even though sometimes she couldn't keep something serious, it usually added the right amount to get us back to normal.

     "Trust me, we are all still happy for Kily!" Michelle said. As usual, Kirk had a late reaction and rushed into the room.

     "Is everyone okay in here? It sounded like an apocalypse came!" Kirk asked while standing behind me.

     "Yeah! Yeah everything's great!" I said with a fake smile on my face. Kirk motioned me out of the room.

     "Was that you yelling in there?" He asked while holding my hands.

     "Umm....yeah. They were just trying to tell me that I made a decision with peer pressure, and we all know I don't do that, and it just put me over the top, but I'm fine now!" I said, but I guess my smile still looked fake.

     "Don't let anything bother you. We have a show to rock tonight, and neither of us can be off focus." I loved that sense of logic, hence why I could never date a non-musician. I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but the director was right behind us and one of the makeup ladies called Kirk over to fix his makeup.

     "I get it now." The director said with a smile on his face.

     "What do you get?" I asked, probably blushing.

     "What happened out there on opening night. It's fine. Do whatever you want." He said and walked away. We decided to end the show normally because we didn't want to make it awkward between us. It was nice the way it was, and I just had to hope Jesse and the girls could accept it eventually.