Chapter 12

Chapter 12

     Opening night. The usual chaos was going on, but it was more for me. I had to try to make this conversation brief and as not awkward as possible. I went and got ready in the ensemble dressing room, waiting for my friends to arrive. As usual Hannah came in first. Kendra was outside trying to flirt with Kirk.

     "Are you going to talk to him?" Hannah asked. She seemed antsy for this. I nodded my head. I was going to try to find a way to do this privately, but it would be really difficult. Hannah wished me luck and I walked out into the scene shop. Kirk was talking to Leo, as usual.

     "Hey guys! Long time no see!" I said jokingly, since we've been seeing each other all week. We then talked about some memories from the whole summer.

     "I really liked talking about musicals with you and Jesse. Those were some fun times!" Kirk stated, smiling at me. Leo's mom called him to help set up, so it was just me and Kirk in the scene shop, just what I've been waiting for.

     "Now that we're alone, I'd like to ask what's going on with you and Jesse. Things seemed to get a little awkward between you guys." I was going to act slightly oblivious to him constantly staring at me. He hesitated, "Um....that's kind of a touchy subject. Still wanna be a lead in this show sometime?"

     "Well, yes, but I'm not going to change the subject right now. I know what's going on, you're fighting over me. I know how you guys are." He looked shocked. He was definitely trying to say something, but nothing was coming out. The backstage speakers kicked on and the overture started coming through.

     "Oh, look! We need to get out there! Good luck kiss?"

.....WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?