Chapter 21

Chapter 21

     My phone started ringing. It was Michelle.

     "Sorry, I really need to take this call!" I said and went upstairs to my room.

     "Hey. so I need to tell you a funny story!"

     "Not right now Michelle! You called at the perfect time to interrupt everything!" I said

     "Sorry, I'll hang up!"

     "Don't!" I yelled into the phone, "This is really important! Kirk finally asked me out, I invited him over today." I heard a chuckle on the other end of the phone. "Jeez! Nothing happened! He wasn't acting like a manwhore, I just don't know what to say." I heard a beep, Hannah was calling, so I added her in.

     "Hey, there's like a party here! And I have Brad and Leo here too, I got bored!"

     "Hey guys, look, I have Kirk at my house right now, nothing happened, so get your heads out of the gutter, and he finally had the guts to ask me out. It was really cute, but I don't know what to say." The girls were silent on the other end, but the guys on the other hand...

     "Say yes! Kily forever! Finally! Our buddy Kirk finally grew some balls!" Leo and Brad rejoiced on the other end of the phone. Then, I heard beeping.

     "Who's Michelle texting?" Hannah asked. Michelle didn't respond.

     "Guys, I can't have this right now, what do I say to Kirk?" I asked angrily. He was gonna think something was wrong if I didn't go back downstairs soon.

     "Let us know what happens at practice! Bye!" Everybody seemed to say conveniently. Whatever. I went back downstairs.

     "Sorry, it was my mom playing fifty questions with me. Worry wart. Anyway, look, you're pretty awesome, but I know another person that has feelings for you, and I'd rather leave you to them than to me, she's so much better than me." I said. He looked kind of shocked. We realized it was time to go, so we got in the car.

     "Can you at least think about it tonight? I know I definitely like you more than the other person, which I'm pretty sure we're both thinking of the same person."

     "I've been thinking about it ever since you asked, don't worry." I said reassuringly. Hopefully, I can talk to my friends during the show tonight for advice.

     After we parked, I texted Kendra. "Please be as flirty with Kirk as you can tonight. I need him off my back." I didn't get a response, which was unusual.