Chapter 31

Chapter 31

     I took the keys out of the ignition and was about ready to get out of the car, but then I realized it didn't look like anybody else was there yet, so we decided to wait in the car for a few more minutes, except Jesse went to talk to somebody I didn't really know well. I was thinking about how awesome the summer was, and how Kirk just really topped it off, even though it was shaky at first.

     "Kirk, I really hope you know that you're amazing." I said. I noticed him blushing.

     "You are too, Lily." He replied, and then we kissed. I felt perfect. I think he wanted to go further, but I wouldn't have wanted to and more people showed up, along with Gwen tapping on his window and waving obnoxiously. Surprisingly, he shooed her away and then we got out and went into the director's large yard. None of my group of friends were there yet, so I had to have another awkward time with the hot box dancers. I made sure he held my hand to emphasize that we were together.  I didn't want any snobby bitches stealing my boyfriend.

     "Hey, Kirk!" All of them said annoyingly. They drove me nuts sometimes, at least they wern't that bad at Bob Evans, they probably just wanted to dig info out of me to see if I was worth it for him or not. If he picked me, I'd have to be at least somewhat worth it. Now that we were holding hands, I was getting nasty looks from all of them.

     We talked amongst ourselves for about a half hour, while I noticed my friends trickling in. I knew they would need to save us at some point. Kirk finished a bottle of pop, so he was getting up to throw it away before he got interrupted by Maria.

     "Don't throw that away! We could use that to play spin the bottle!" She said as she winked. Hell no. Kirk looked scared shitless, but I knew he wouldn't be able to say no, so he made a good joke out of it. He picked up the bottle and spun it to point at me. Now it'll get rubbed in their faces.

     "What a surprise! Lily!" He said, and then kissed me. I saw all the jealous looks once we were done, and then I heard our names get yelled across the yard.

     "Let's go talk to them!" I said, trying to get out of the situation. Kirk nodded and we held hands to walk over to them. We giggled on the way over about how stupid some people are. Of course, Kirk had the pop bottle with him, and everybody looked bored.

     "Oh my gosh! We should play spin the bottle!" Gabby said while jumping around excitedly. If I had to play spin the bottle with anybody, I would rather do it with my close friends that aren't all over my boyfriend. They probably just want to do it for stupid fun anyway.

     "It'll be okay, these people obviously aren't all over you like the hot box dancers are. This will just be interesting." I whispered to Kirk. I knew I could trust him

     "You know you can trust me, Lily, I love you like I've never loved anybody before." I smiled at him and gave him a kiss. Many thoughts ran through my head after that. Was it too soon for him to say he loved me? Did he really mean it? It didn't matter to me right now, I just knew this game of spin the bottle was going to be one of the funniest memories ever for us. Especially since Gabby came up with the idea.