Chapter 24

Chapter 24

     I didn't know how to respond. I thought it would be creepy to sit in Kirk's driveway while I responded, so I waited until I got home to respond. I don't have a way with words whatsoever.

     "Hey! Sorry I was driving." I typed the message and erased it. I decided to let him know indirectly since I didn't know how to put it. I got home, went to my bedroom, and went on my laptop. For the first time ever, I changed my Facebook relationship status.

     In a relationship with Kirk Charter. Interesting. Shockingly, Jesse was the first to comment.

     "Congratulations." No emoticon. Not even an exclamation mark. I felt kind of bad, but I'll just have to build a bridge and get over it. I'm happy where I'm at and the rest really doesn't matter to me. Leo and Brad were super excited and comment bombed me. I thought they were the only ones that were happy about it, but then all the girls started commenting.

     "OMG! HER ICE COLD HEART MELTED!" Michelle said and Katie liked the comment. I guess they're going to be a little better about it now, even though they've shipped Jesse and I forever. Then, all the other comments came such as "He doesn't go to our school does he?" or "Oh, I don't know him." After a while, it got boring and I decided that I should go to bed. I shut off my laptop and put it down and got under the covers, but then my phone went off.

     "Hey. I'm really happy for you, congrats." Jesse sent.

     "Thanks man! Remember, no matter what you're still like a brother to me! :)" I sent back.

     "Yeah.." He replied. I really hate when people put two periods because you can't tell if they just accidentally hit the period twice or if they tried to put three for added drama. Whatever it was, I wasn't worried and just needed sleep, but it wouldn't come. This kind of sucked.