Chapter 1- Ginger to Brunette

I opened my eyes and found out that I was in the plane. My eyes were blurry and my head felt heavy. Maybe I am just dreaming, but seeing the necklace that I wore, I realized that I was in reality.

I don't have enough strength to cry. My Mom was gone and also my Dad. I was left alone with a grief and misery.

At my side, I saw a brunette middle age woman, Maria, my nanny. She was the one who took care of me when my Mom died. She gave me a small smile and patted my back. I nodded at her and looked away.

"Do you want to eat Gabriela?" she queried with concerned. I gazed at her and shook my head. But instead of following my command, she put a bread on my tray table.

"You need to gather your strength girl. Think about your Dad and Mom. They don't want to see you this way," she encouraged.

Tears escaped in my eyes. I must stay strong in order to avenge my father. I will make them pay for what they had done to him. I will crush them to pieces and make them regret that they cross our ways.

'The Fitzgerald'

The last word that I heard from my Dad. Our competitors and rivals. I gritted my teeth to the thought of them! Disgusting criminals! I may be weak now, but I will comeback for you! And if that time comes, I will promise that you will kneel at me and beg for your life.

Hours passed and we will about to take our landing. I wore a hat and a sunglasses so that nobody can identify me. Maria said that my life is still in danger and we have to be careful. A cab was waiting for us when we got down in a plane.

A young girl about my age welcomed us. She rushed to Maria and embraced her tightly.

"I miss you Mama," said the girl. Tears shimmered on her eyes. I don't know that Maria has a daughter. I was to self centered that I didn't thought the feelings of others. My heart was tugged by this scene.

"I miss you too Darling," replied Maria with longing. Tears ran down on her cheeks. Maria patted her daughter's back that gave her a
comfort feeling.

The girl let go and smiled as she turned to me.

"You must be Gabriela? I'm Elizabeth Miller, Ellie for short," she introduced.  She has a brunette hair like Maria and her eyes was sparkling brown which reminds me of chocolates.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gabriela Sullivan," I greeted as we did a handshake.

"Enough with the pleasantries girls. We've got to go," Maria interrupted.

I eyed the cab, it's kind of old, but better old than nothing. We were now in the hometown of Maria which is the Belize. It was so different with place I was use to. This place rather has a lot of trees than buildings. I settled myself in back seat of the car with Ellie by my side while Maria sat on front seat.

I was checking my phone and instanly, I found it hard to breathed when I saw an article.

Business tycoon Enrique Sullivan found dead. Daughter Gabriela Sullivan still missing

My heart was hammering inside my chest and cold creeps enveloped my body. I was clenching my teeth trying not to break down the tears I've been holding. Swallowing it and taking a deep breath. What's the point of crying? I cannot bring back the life of my beloved father no matter how much weeping I make.