Chapter 23- Trouble Maker

I tried to remain calm as the man sat beside me. My heart pumping so fast but I controlled and said to myself that I need to relax. I cannot see his face clearly through my peripheral view, however, I'm sure he is not the man I saw before my dad died. He is younger, around his late twenties I think. He is wearing a black tuxedo and looks intimidating with his dark eyes and hair. I glance at his hands and I'm certain that the tattoo he has is the same as the man who killed dad.

Dark Dragon tattoo.

Then the realization hits me. The letter that I found in Fitzgerald's house, the clue! If I am correct, Dad wants to tell Fitzgerald about the dragon. Confusion clouded my mind. Who is this dragon or better ask what is it? Maybe some underground organization? I really need answers and maybe this man is connected.

I cracked an alluring smile as I noticed he was looking at me. Crap! I was absorbed with my thought that I didn't notice that he was examining me.

"Drink?" he offered a small glass of tequila.

"No thanks, I already finish drinking," I lied. It is simple common sense that never receives or take a drink from a stranger.

"So, you are a friend of Arturo Sullivan?" I casually asked, continuing our conversation while leaning forward.

"You could say that," he replied with a discreet answer.

"I'm Isabelle," I said as I extended my right hand. I don't want to give away my identity even if it is a hoax.

"Drake," he held my hand and I tried to hold it a little longer as I exam the tattoo. I cannot possibly be mistaken, it is the same design with dad's killer!

I didn't linger my eyes that long on his hand, it would be suspicious. Instead, I licked my lips and smiled at him as I let go of his hand.

"Nice tattoo," I tried to sound seductive and thankfully it is. He said nothing but his smile was wicked and dangerous.

I continued our conversation but damn it! I cannot get any information out of him! I need to know anything about that tattoo but he is so discreet. His movements indicate he is interested in me but I cannot go further.

Our conversation was interrupted when a group of men went to us and one of them whispers something to Drake. He nodded and looked at me.

"Excuse me, Isabelle," he said with a serious face.

"No problem," I replied and smiled. He stood up and walked away together with four men wearing black tuxedo.

I rose to my seat as I assured that they are far away from me but still in my vision. I calmly followed them but not being too obvious. They went to the back of the hotel and stop when they saw Uncle Arturo.

I hide instantly behind the tall plant as they checked their surrounding. Good thing I was wearing green that made me camouflage on the plant.

As they assured no one is around except them, they began discussing about something. It looks serious, the way Uncle Arturo's face contorted. He was displeased and thumped his cane forcefully to the floor. Drake smiled wicked and I tried to read his lips. I cannot hear them very well because of their distance and their voice were too low to be heard.

I tried to be still while listening to them when I felt something was tickling at my back. Horror enveloped me when I felt something crawling under my skin. I fight back not to scream and jump as I saw a big spider on my shoulder. It continues to crawl slowly and sweats trickled down my face while looking at the horrendous creature. I bit my lips while calming myself. When the spider stopped on my chest, I grabbed it and quickly throw it away.