Chapter 51- The Introduction

-This story is unedited so readers are expected to see some grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Finally, the day that I had been waiting for arrived. I was inside my room, preparing myself for the party. I wore a black fitted sequin long dress with a high slit. It has a sweetheart neckline and opens back style. I paired it with four inches high heel stiletto.

I sighed. I will be having a difficult time if I need to run later. Underneath, I wore a black inner thigh holster short and where I placed my baby glock.

I also brought a pepper spray and taser in my black clutch bag. If worse comes to worst, I already put Albreach's number in speed dial 2 to call if ever I need help. Well, Timothy's number is in speed dial 1. If ever I won't survive, I just want to say I love him as my last word.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail. I was preparing for the worst scenario so that I know what to do later.

I styled my hair into big curls and swept it on my side. I put on some makeup and wore dark red lipstick. Also, I put on the emerald necklace that Timothy gave. I'm screwed, I miss him terribly which made me want to cry again.

Be logical Gabriela! There's no time for being emotional right now!

I slowly breathe in and breath out, releasing the tension that I felt. Ellie called earlier, wishing me good luck and praying for my safety. It would be more exciting if she was here, but sometimes you need to face your deepest nightmare alone.

For the last time, I gazed at the mirror. I don't mean to brag but I look alluring in this dress. To complete my look, I put on the black mask with feathers at the side that covers half of my face. No one would recognize me with a mask on. Even I couldn't recognize myself in the mirror.

The party will start at seven in the evening and it will be held at Sullivan's Mansion owned by my great grandfather Roberto Sullivan. It was a European inspired mansion with a huge elegant black gate.

I had been there several times when I was young. Whenever there was a huge social gathering, the place was being used. This place was owned by Sullivans' brother. One of them was my father, Enrique, my uncles Arturo and Carlos Sullivan. We came from Irish descendants but my grandmother was Spanish, that was why their names were in Latin. Liam is my second cousin. He is the son of Uncle Leandro, the cousin of my father.

I hired a cab to go to the mansion even though Liam offered to fetch me. I know he was busy and I don't want to become a burden so I declined his offer. It was enough to help what he will do later.

As I arrived at the place, the two guards wearing a black suit immediately asked for the invitation. Good thing, Liam gave me one. I gave it to them and the guard with brunette hair narrowed his eyes to me as if scrutinizing me.

I can barely move for the fact that maybe they will recognize me. They were Uncle Arturo's guards and there was a thin chance that I already encountered them.

"Can you state your name ma'am?" the older guard with grey hair queried.

I need to show them that I was not intimidated. I held my chin up and confidently said, "Katherine Lewis."

I told Liam that I need to a used different name in the invitation because Uncle Arturo might recognize me. That was the last thing I want to happen.

The older guard tapped his colleague shoulder and pointed his finger at the list. He nodded and smiled at me politely, "You can now go inside Ms Lewis," he said while opening the gate.

I nodded and walked ahead. I was holding my breath and when I made sure that I was too far from them, I released it. I admit I was nervous. This is a do or dies situation. There's nothing in between.