Chapter 2- Bella Miller

Maria's eyes widen when she saw me.

"Dios Mio Elizabeth! What have you done to Gabriela?" Ellie grinned naughtily beside me scratching her head.

"Call me Bella," I corrected. Maria's mouth hanged open.

"You young lady. I know you are in the rebellion stage, but I promise your parents that I will take care of you. I and your mother had been friends since childhood, and you're like my daughter,"

"It's just a dye ma. It's not a big deal. Everyone coloured their hair nowadays," Ellie trying to lighten up.

"It's not the point," she looked at me and continue as her eyes shimmered with tears.

"Your mother Ysabelle, you look like her. It's like she never left us when you are around. Our sweet Ysabelle," she cried.

I remembered Mom, she was breathtaking. I love her so much and people around her love her. She was sweet and kind. She was a ray of sunshine in the middle of the storm. But I'm not mom, we are exactly the opposite. I'm the storm in the middle of sunshine.

"Maria, I know how you feel. But I cannot live like this anymore. I cannot hide forever. As long as the criminals are out there, I cannot just go freely as myself. I want to continue my life, even it means that I need to make a new identity. Please help me. You promised Mom and Dad that you will take care of me. Now is your chance to prove it."

She looked at me dubiously. Minutes passed and finally, she nodded.

"I will help you girl. But promise me, don't get yourself in trouble," she replied and I embraced her tightly.

"I promise," I said as I crossed my middle and index finger at my back. Ellie shook her head at me.

Everything runs smoothly, through the money I have, I was able to create a new identity. I go by the name of Bella Miller. My mother was Belinda Miller, the second cousin of Maria. I was an orphan, which is true.

I continued my studies with my faux school records. I got a hard time adjusting, into popular to nobody. For the people who know me as Bella, I'm a nice and shy girl wearing eyeglasses with brown hair. It's difficult to pretend, especially for being nice to everyone. But I have to keep it up, for the sake of my image.

On the bright side, Maria, was more like a mother to me than a nanny, Ellie and I? Well, we became closer. When I'm with her, I can be myself and be the Gabriela Sullivan I know. She is my sisters in crime. We are inseparable.

One day, after our class, I decided to do one thing that I really want.

"Where will we go Gab?" asked Ellie.

"You will see," I replied as I put my eyeglasses inside my bag and changed it to black tinted sunglasses.

We are walking now in the secluded area. As we walked further, my eyes light up as I saw the sign.

"Shooting range," she read aloud and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Dios Mio Gabriela! Are you insane?" she asked.

"Yes, I am. And please Elizabeth, stop imitating Maria," I replied.

She chuckled and pulled me towards the place. This little vixen was more excited than me.

A man was guarding the entrance and he eyed us.

"No minors allowed," he firmly said.

"I'm nineteen," I replied. But the truth is I'm still sixteen.

"Me too," Ellie added with a toothy smile.

He narrowed his eyes and slowly shook his head. This is my last resort.