Chapter 7- Timothy

It was Sunday, and it means it was my day off. It has been one month since the day I arrived here, but still, there's no progress in my investigation. I decided that I need to move and take further action.

So I woke up early for my agenda today. I wore running shoes, black running shorts, and a slim fitted black tank top. I plan to survey my old house to know if the enemy is still guarding it, and to do that without drawing attention I thought of this idea of mine.

Thankfully the weather was sunny and good for running. I put on my earphone as rushed down to my apartment. I didn't wear glasses 'cos it would be a bother. Luckily the distance from my apartment to my old house was not that far. I can exercise and at the same time, I can catch sight of what was happening to my former home.

I ran and never stopped until I was out of breath. Sweats beaded all over my body as I went to my destination. As I look around the familiar surroundings, memories flooded upon me. I leaned on a tree and I bent down on my knees while I was breathing rapidly.

I cast my eyes to a recognizable two-storey house about ten meters away from me.

I stood up and gathered my strength as I slowly jogged closer to the place that is once my home. I surveyed the place and thankfully no one there. I smiled but then it was replaced by a frown when I noticed someone's coming. Screw it! I have to postpone my plan in sneaking in. I'll do it later when the sun goes down. I need to plan it thoroughly on how I can get in. I need to find a clue or evidence.

I froze in place when I realized who's the person who interrupted my mission. He was wearing a Navy blue t-shirt that emphasizes his muscular physique, black running short and blue running shoes. He had grown to be a good looking man. I remembered how he used to be so thin when we were young.

My heart beats crazily and I have the urge to turn around but he already saw me. Oh, for heaven's sake! Why do I have to meet him here?! Then I realized, he lives here. We were neighbours in the older days. We used to be playmates when we were young. He was like my older brother, but everything changes when our family came into conflict because of business. Since then, I never played and talked to him.

It was awkward as we ran at each other. I don't know what to say to him, but as his assistant, I must greet him as a sign of courtesy. I gazed at his alluring features. If he was an actor, I would not hesitate to watch his face every day.

Stupid thought! Get yourself together Gab! He is a Fitzgerald! I calmed myself and greeted him.

"Good morning Sir."

He gazed at me and smiled. I was astonished that he was smiling at me. Is he okay? Did he eat something that turned him this way?

"Miss Miller," he greeted back.

"I guess it couldn't hurt if you call me Bella, Sir," I suggested as we ran together. He was slowing down following my pace.

"Bella," he blurted.

"Beautiful," he stopped and looked at me.

Heat flooded to my face 'cos of the intensity of his gazed. I hate this part of him even before. I dislike the way that he looks at me that gave shivers to my being. Maybe, he looks all women like this. I'm Bella Miller after all and the way he looks at me when I was Gabriela Sullivan was the same as now.

"You're a Don Juan Mr. Fitzgerald," I replied and I ran faster as I left him behind. He dashed to my side. He was fast, of course, he has long legs. I wonder if he has a long....bloody hell! What was I thinking?! I cut it up and shook my head.

"Call me Breece, when we are not in the office," he stated. I don't want to call him Breece, 'cos it only reminds me of my ex-friend.

"I like to call you Timothy rather," I chuckled and he frowned. Well, he doesn't want people calling him Timothy. I remember when we were young and I called him Timothy. He was annoyed by it.