Chapter 32- Sweet As Pie

Okay, I need to relax! He was looking at me waiting for my answer. Why is my heart insanely beating so fast?!
If he thinks he would scare me, he should be thinking twice!

"Are you serious? I was drunk last night and I didn't mean whatever I said," I stated with conviction. 

"This is your punishment little tiger. You got me into trouble last night and you already announced to everyone that you are my girlfriend. Since you resigned last night you have no other way to repay your debt and of course, I don't want Nana to be disappointed. She has a heart ailment and it's bad for her to feel stress," he replied smirking.

I cannot believe that he was using her sick grandmother to me. I felt guilty when I remember how happy the old lady was when she saw me.

Well, this is my chance to be close to the Fitzgeralds. I need to set my priority and control whatever feeling I felt for him. He knew something about Drake and maybe he knew something about my father's death.

"I guess it leaves me no choice but I want to continue to be your secretary," I replied. Being in their company is one way I can keep an eye on Fitzgeralds' business and also on the Sullivans.  Since dad died, the two companies had worked together on various projects 

"No problem little tiger. So where do you want our first date will be? I can give my whole day to you," he asked as he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. He was enjoying teasing me!

"You're a busy man and I don't want to waste your time and I need to contact Ellie. She must be worry right now. By the way, did you see my phone?" I said as I moved away from him.

"You threw it last night. Don't worry, I already contacted her and she said it's okay that you spend your day with me. So, where do you want to go? " he asked again.

Yes, I remembered when I threw it to him but he dodges it and instead it smashed on the road. How embarrassing! I guess I don't have a choice but to spend this day with him. I know it will awkward at first but I need to do this.

"Anywhere you want. After all, you're still my boss" I replied.

"Anywhere? What about my room?" he smiled slyly. I frowned looking at him.

"Baby steps Fitzgerald," I replied while I rolled my eyes.

"You're thinking dirty babe," he chuckled. A heat flushed on my face and I looked away from him.

"Whatever," I frowned.

"Come on. Let's have our lunch," he said holding my hand. His hand feels warm and big. It was kind of weird and at the same time good.

"Sure," I smiled. I will never say no to delicious foods.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We ate our lunch in their garden together with her Nana. It's quite awkward at first but Nana made sure that I felt at home. It was a huge garden with different kinds of flowers such as roses, tulips, poinsettias, peonies, daffodils, chrysanthemums and many more. I can't help but admire it.

At the far edge of the garden are the pond and a gazebo at the centre of it. Big water lilies with different colours of flowers surrounded the pond which makes it look romantic. When we were young I used to go here and play but I didn't know there was a place like this.

We were in the gazebo when Nana left us. I tried hard to act normal with Timothy. I didn't know why my heart keeps pounding so fast every time he is near me.