Chapter 13- Fitzgeralds

"What are you doing here anyway?" Adrian asked. He was walking with me. I insisted that I can manage to go home with myself but he was adamant to go with me. So I resigned to him and also to be able to thank him for saving me.

"I was with my friend but he went home earlier," I replied. Well, it's kind of true anyway.

"It's dangerous to linger in the dark Bella. What if I wasn't.." before he could finish his sentence I hush him by putting my index finger to his lips. I'm done listening with the lectured of Fitzgerald and I don't want to hear another from Adrian. I know they meant only one thing, that I am a weak and defenceless woman. Well, they were just lucky that I didn't bring my gun.

"Thank you, Adrian," I replied. He gave me his confident smile while brushing his hair.

"Anything for you Niñita," he winked at me.

"Stop calling me Niñita. I'm a grown-up woman don't you see?"I said, gesturing my hands from head to toe.

"You've grown up but your height is still for a little girl," he teased, aligning my head to his shoulder.

"I'm not short, you're just tall," I punched him playfully and he laughed.

"But you'd grown up to be a beautiful woman Bella. Your name suits you well," he added.

"You flattered me a lot Adrian but it won't work," I chuckled.

"Now, my heart is broken," he replied clutching his chest. I laughed at him.

"That is my apartment," I point out to the small building nearby.

We arrived at my apartment and we were now standing outside the door.

"So we are here," I said.

"Too bad," Adrian replied. I raised my brows waiting for him to continue.

"Can I get your number Hermosa?" he asked, leaning at the wall.

"Such a smooth talker. Maybe next time," I replied. Men are such a distraction and I won't allow any distraction now.

"Ouch. You broke my heart twice," he stated. I chuckled at him.

"Thank you again, Adrian. Maybe next time that we meet, I will give you my number," I jested. He gave me a dashing smile.

"I assure you that we will meet again Niñita," he stated confidently.

"I will wait for that day then. Goodbye Adrian," I said smiling.

"Goodbye Bella," he replied. Then we did a fist bump just like in the old times.

Letting my body slumped on my bed, I felt comfort and safety. It's been an exhausting week and I had been sleep deprived. I must take care of myself from now on. I almost die today.

A beep from my phone distracts me from my thoughts. My heart beats fast when I saw it was Fitzgerald who's calling. I was angry with him earlier but when I remembered how he took care of me, it made my heart flutters.

I touch my lips and remembered how he kissed me. His lips were soft and warm that sent a sweet sensation to my being. It was the first time that I kissed a man and it felt good. I shook my head and clears my mind. It was probably nothing for him.

I cleared my throat as I answered the phone. I wondered why is he calling me. Maybe, he will say that I am fire already.

"Hello Sir," I answered. He is still my boss after all. I waited but there's no response. I was about to hang up the phone when he finally spoke.