Chapter 53- Shoot and run

Author's Note:

Hello guys. I'm sorry for the long updates. I have been busy these months because of the covid outbreak. As a front liner, I can say that it has been difficult both physically and emotionally.

Keep safe everyone. Wash your hands always and practice social distance. Most importantly, boost your immune system.

Anyway, here's chapter 53.

This story is unedited so readers are expected to see some grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.

Anxiety swirled around as I stood frozen in place. However, Timothy held my hand and continued to walk.

"Don't make it too obvious that you're a nervous little tiger. Just walk straight," Timothy whispered and I followed what he said.

"Hey stop!" The man behind us called out but we continued to walk. I can hear slow footsteps trailing behind us as we walked briskly.

I glanced at Timothy and his other hand was under his tuxedo, probably getting his gun in the process. I breathe out heavily as I did the same, tapping the gun that was hidden on my leg.

"You two, I said stop!" the other man growled.

"When I say run, you run little tiger," he whispered.

I creased my forehead questioning what I heard. What does he mean by "you"? Did he expect that I will leave him and run alone?

"No, I will not do that
Do you have a death wish?" I shook my head firmly. His eyes were looking at me with determination as if asking me to trust him.

I resigned, "Promise me that you will get out of here alive," I pleaded.

"I promise," he said while kissing the hand that he was holding, ignoring the men behind us. Then, he removed his grasped and put his hand inside his pocket, trying to get something.

"Wait for me in my car at the parking area, third row, " he instructed while giving me the key.

Timothy stopped. Though he was wearing a mask, I can see the dangerous glint in his eyes. Like a beast ready to kill any time. We both turned around as we face our enemy.

"State your names!" the leader of the group with a dark long beard thundered.

Tension surrounded us. Can Timothy defeat them all?

In a low and cold voice, Timothy said "Run,".

I snapped back into my senses and move backwards Gathering my strength, I let my leg fly forward on the leader's groin.

He stumbled back and groaned in pain. I can see how surprised they are same as Timothy who was wearing his grim face while shaking his head. I seized the gun on my leg and ready myself.

Timothy fired at them and I was doing the same. Bullets were flying anywhere as they tried to fire back at us. 

We ran together side by side while dodging the bullet. My feet hurt with the heels I was wearing, but I continued to run with Timothy. Pulse throbbing into my ears as adrenaline course into my body.

"At your right," I said as I pointed the way to exit. No one knows this place better than me.

I noticed more men were storming at us and I was out of bullet! Oh, for heaven's sake! Why now!? Timothy was covering me while he continued to fire back. I need to create some diversion if I want us to get out here alive.

As if heaven was listening to my prayer, a red box attaching the wall catches my attention. A smile crept on my face as I reached that thing.

"What are you doing little tiger?" Timothy hissed.