Chapter 9- Encounter

I was waiting for my impending doom. Well, I lied when I said I will do everything, but it depends on what he wants me to do. I cleared my throat waiting for Fitzgerald answer. He was looking at me, narrowing his eyes, contemplating his decision.

"I will give you a chance," he finally spoke. A wide grin appeared on my face.

"Really? You won't do anything to me?" I asked curiously. I want to know why he changed his mind.

"You want me to do something to you little tiger?" he leaned forward while smirking at me. I frowned. From hot to cold, I couldn't understand him. He changes his mood drastically.

"What are you thinking Sir?" I questioned.

"What are you thinking Miss Miller?" he questioned back while rubbing his chin. He was dodging my question!

"I'm thinking that you are a good employer, Sir. What about you Sir? I answer back your question," I challenged.

"I'm thinking you're an interesting woman, Miss Miller," his voice was cold as an arctic ocean. Well, I know I'm interesting, but sorry Fitzgerald I'm not interested in you!

"Thank you, Sir, but I need to go,"
I stood up and walked away. I have no time in this nonsense conversation! Time is running and the more time I stayed here, the more time I'm wasting.

It was past six in the evening and I was in my apartment, lying down on the sofa, talking to Ellie on the phone. She was laughing at me when I told her what happened to me this morning especially on the pool part. But our discussion went serious when I showed her the envelope that I found in Fitzgerald study room.

"It was dated the day that Dad killed and the receiver was Sebastian Fitzgerald," I said while I was
examining the envelope.

Ellie gave me an encouraging smile. I took a deep breath and withdrew the paper inside the envelope. I read it and my mind went into chaos.

"What does it said?" Ellie asked furrowing her brows.

"I don't understand Ellie. It says:
It is the last of the road,
The beginning of the rage,
In the middle of isolation,
Comes the first of the gates,
And in the centre of the fog,
Will be the end of the man," I read it to Ellie. She was twitching her lips.

"I don't understand either. It's like a riddle or something," she analyzed. I agreed, there must have something behind this context and I have to know what it is.

"Ellie, I've got to go. I remember, I still have things to do," I dismissed and hanged the phone. I stood up and went to my drawer beside my bed, placing the letter there.

At the bottom of my bed, lies behind a secret compartment. I opened it and all my valuables were there. I got the things that I will be needed in my mission. My 22mm calibre pistol or which I called baby glock. It is a small gun that can easily be concealed. My 9mm calibre pistol or my Big glock, I had brought it in Belize and I've been using it for five years in shooting range. Of course, I won't forget the ammo, the gun will be useless without them. And lastly but not least, the combat knives. When it comes to survival, knives were convenient and easy to use.

All were ready and I changed my clothes to all black. From a black tank to a black leather jacket, black jeans, and black boots. Of course, It wouldn't complete without my black cap and a black mask to conceal myself. I tie my hair into a ponytail and kept my weapon hidden beneath my jacket with my shoulder holster. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing, hiding behind the tree, looking over to my former two-story Mediterranean Style House. Screw it! I was expecting that nobody was guarding it but bloody hell I was wrong! Good thing there are too many trees, that I can camouflage to it.